Just Got My MDT In The Post

Rivers rat

8 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

I am still learning mine so I can't go live with an informed opinion of performance, just yet.

The Tarsacci really is one of those machines you need time on before you can form an opinion of it. When I got my first one I really took a liking to it immediately (and that was before I started using salt balance inland). I could see from the start that it was right up there in depth between the Equinox and a PI in my bad dirt. Others really have a hard time with the audio and give up too fast without really getting to know it. A person really needs to experiment a lot with settings to get the optimal performance in their dirt/sand. The key in the beginning is getting the Tarsacci to run quiet using a combination of GB, salt balance, KHz, sensitivity and threshold. Once you've done that and are comfortable with the audio then you can start to push it. 

Thomas, yes there are 4 single freqs.  But my testing found 9 and 6.5 the better choices IN the salt water...... especially waist to chest deep.  I could run 12 and 18khz..... but my salt sensitivity was up around 44.  On really deep targets i was getting longer cleaner tones from 9.   12 was short more chopped....... and sounded weaker.   So i saw no need to run those two freqs and possibly miss targets.  Would they do better on smaller gold........i dont think so since ive not found anything that ive found with the Nox or Xcal that cant be found by this machine in the water.  Out of the water and in some shallow ........yes i like 12khz...... as you move away from the water i may switch to 18.

On 10/2/2020 at 6:20 AM, dewcon4414 said:

Thomas, yes there are 4 single freqs.  But my testing found 9 and 6.5 the better choices IN the salt water...... especially waist to chest deep.  I could run 12 and 18khz..... but my salt sensitivity was up around 44.  On really deep targets i was getting longer cleaner tones from 9.   12 was short more chopped....... and sounded weaker.   So i saw no need to run those two freqs and possibly miss targets.  Would they do better on smaller gold........i dont think so since ive not found anything that ive found with the Nox or Xcal that cant be found by this machine in the water.  Out of the water and in some shallow ........yes i like 12khz...... as you move away from the water i may switch to 18.

Can't speak for the BBS Excal, but ML makes it pretty clear that the beach modes on the Nox are biased towards targets that are registering in the lower frequencies of the multi IQ MF spectrum ("low frequency weighting") which makes sense from a salt stability standpoint and woud corroborate your personal experience that the Nox is not finding micro gold stuff that the MDT isn't because you are running at 6.5 and 9 to max salt stability.  As Steve has said repeatedly and most recently here, you are just not going to find micro gold that is likely going to fall right in the salt cancellation range of detectors set up to run stable in high and variable salinity (e.g. salt surf) environments.  In other words, what you are saying makes perfect sense.

If one reads through your previous post too quickly, it can be misinterpreted (which I did at first), that you were stating the MDT only has 3 frequencies, but a careful read of it shows it is consistent with what you stated above.

On 10/2/2020 at 7:56 AM, Chase Goldman said:

Can't speak for the BBS Excal, but ML makes it pretty clear that the beach modes on the Nox are biased towards targets that are registering in the lower frequencies of the multi IQ MF spectrum ("low frequency weighting") which makes sense from a salt stability standpoint and woud corroborate your personal experience that the Nox is not finding micro gold stuff that the MDT isn't because you are running at 6.5 and 9 to max salt stability.  As Steve has said repeatedly and most recently here, you are just not going to find micro gold that is likely going to fall right in the salt cancellation range of detectors set up to run stable in high and variable salinity (e.g. salt surf) environments.  In other words, what you are saying makes perfect sense.

If one reads through your previous post too quickly, it can be misinterpreted in the manner Thomas did, that you were stating the MDT only has 3 frequencies, but a careful read of it shows it is consistent with what you stated above.

I believe I said mine has four. 6.4, 9, 12, 18. I read Dew perfectly and I have no problem running 18 here in Virginia. Thank you though Chase for belittling me as Dew took the high road and did not. Again I have no problem running all four. 

2 hours ago, Carolina said:

I believe I said mine has four. 6.4, 9, 12, 18. I read Dew perfectly and I have no problem running 18 here in Virginia. Thank you though Chase for belittling me as Dew took the high road and did not. Again I have no problem running all four. 

Edited my post.  Sorry I caused you such consternation but no one was belittling anyone.

Mine has four frequencies 6.4 kHz 9 kHz 12 kHz and 18kHz.

You did indeed say your detector "has" four frequencies. I first misread that at first as kind of snarky statement back at Dew because it was stating the obvious as ALL MDTs "have" four frequencies.  So, in fact, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that it was not just a snarky retort but just a misread of what Dew was trying to say on your part because I misread Dew's statement at first myself.  It was no intent to belittle anyone since that would be hypocritical.  So I simply misinterpreted what you were attempting to say because you left out some rather important info by being so terse, my bad.  Would have been clearer if you actually spelled it out that you "run" all four frequencies successfully at your beach.    Apologize again for the misunderstanding, sir.  

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Edited my post.  Sorry I caused you such consternation but no one was belittling anyone.

You did indeed say your detector "has" four frequencies. I first misread that at first as kind of snarky statement back at Dew because it was stating the obvious as ALL MDTs "have" four frequencies.  So, in fact, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that it was not just a snarky retort but just a misread of what Dew was trying to say on your part because I misread Dew's statement at first myself.  It was no intent to belittle anyone since that would be hypocritical.  So I simply misinterpreted what you were attempting to say because you left out some rather important info by being so terse, my bad.  Would have been clearer if you actually spelled it out that you "run" all four frequencies successfully at your beach.    Apologize again for the misunderstanding, sir.  

Dew and I have exchanged mail for several years and I hope he knows it was not a snarky remark.  

22 minutes ago, Carolina said:

Dew and I have exchanged mail for several years and I hope he knows it was not a snarky remark.  

Other people read your comments too and don't have the benefit of that background information and can't manufacture context out of thin air, either.  So I hope you can see it from that point of view.  There is a lot of unintentional ambiguity and missing information in written posts (mine included) and without the visual clues that accompany verbal exchanges, a lot can be misinterpreted.  It is seldom meant to be provocative, insulting or malicious - at least as far as I am concerned, otherwise Steve would have booted me out of here a long time ago.  Take care.

I dont take anything personal......unless its obvious lol.  Otherwise i learn a lot from peoples opinions and comments.  Hope the machine keeps your attention Chase, id like to hear what you think.   Who dont like real opinions ....... good, bad, and ugly. 

Thomas.... ill sent you the video of the hammer job Demitar was doing on the screen plastic.  Humm i cant even Zip file it Thomas and send it Email for some reason it keeps saying to large.  some kind of a movie formate maybe.

50 minutes ago, dewcon4414 said:

I dont take anything personal......unless its obvious lol.  Otherwise i learn a lot from peoples opinions and comments.  Hope the machine keeps your attention Chase, id like to hear what you think.   Who dont like real opinions ....... good, bad, and ugly. 

Thomas.... ill sent you the video of the hammer job Demitar was doing on the screen plastic.  Humm i cant even Zip file it Thomas and send it Email for some reason it keeps saying to large.  some kind of a movie formate maybe.

Thanks Dew, I think he should make it available somehow. Never seen ML, Whites, Garrett etc. do anything like that. On another note, guess I’ll wait on Cliff’s report from you guy’s outing yesterday. 

12 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

I guess I am wrong so let’s just drop it please.