Short Beach Hunt

Got out yesterday to a beach with the AQ and the GPX for about a 6 hour hunt. A bit breezy, but generally nice conditions. I used the Fisher AQ for about 4 hours and the Minelab GPX 5000 for the last 2 hours. The beach had exposed rocks, but unfortunately not the deep ones. I think the ocean pulled them from the top of the beach. I could tell the area was hit for low conductors, since they were hard to find, compared to the high conductors. Not a bad day, as I found a silver bracelet, 2 war nickels, a .925 heart ring and possibly a silver, very tiny ring. The usual clad was found along with a very unusual quantity of Canadian coins - 20 in all. At first I thought they were recent drops, but some were rather green. So now I'm thinking that someone had a roll of  pennies and they were buried in the upper banks. The ocean is slowly eroding the banks, so I'm thinking that's where they came from. The newest penny was 1967, and the rest ranged from the 40's to 1964. I wish I had found that area earlier, as it was almost time to get going home. No gold, and no bling jewelry, lots of junk, but some decent silver. That's more than I expected with all the detectorists that live in that area. Was nice to get out and hunt again.

PC040210.JPG

Great hunt and sounds like a place to hit again.

Good luck on your next hunt!