Quick Air Test Of GPX 6000

Lunk

1 hour ago, araratgold said:

BTW, " the greatest show on earth " is impressing me less and less, now that I have seen the full performance chart kindly provided by JR Beatty !

Not me Rick, I "borrowed" it from Gold Catcher. 👍

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Rick, for a seasoned prospector your very negative.🥴 Don’t discount the 6000 till you’ve at least tried it. 🙏

Gold Monster AU$1k+, SDC AU$4k+, GPX 5000 AU$4K+, GPX 6000 AU$7k+, GPZ 7000 AU$9k+, there’s still a place in the line up for the SDC, simple switch on and go and easy to learn. 

You say I am being negative, I say I am being a realist JP.

I have a nice selection of very expensive coils for our current GPX that just won't fit the new 6K, and a selection of X Coils for the ZED. I don't want to be locked into Minelab's limited coil offerings again.

$8K plus is just taking the Mickey as far as I am concerned ! Mine the miners !

I can see the appeal of this detector to new chums, who don't already have a heap of equipment.

PS Apologies to Goldcatcher who first put the chart on.

Rick

17 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Did not mean to offend but a lot of your comments are based on presumption. I can see your point and can only say that time will tell. 

No offence taken JP, but there are just too many negatives to the 6K for my liking.

I am happy to be proven wrong, but certainly for the foreseeable future, I will be sticking with the existing tech, which is serving me very well. 😉

Rick 

10 minutes ago, araratgold said:

No offence taken JP, but there are just too many negatives to the 6K for my liking.

I am happy to be proven wrong, but certainly for the foreseeable future, I will be sticking with the existing tech, which is serving me very well. 😉

Rick 

I’m emotionally involved in this product and am very proud of it.😏 And even though I’m a veteran of many a product release I still find myself feeling the need to defend it, there’s always lots of self doubt during these early stages.🥺 So I’ll make an effort and try not to get too defensive as more information comes to hand and people react to new concepts and ideas. 

I recently read an article regarding 5G tech & how global warehouses use robotics to run the whole show, with efficiency of logistics being 5 times faster then people running it. I think this will be the same for the 6K regarding settings you would normally have to adjust on the run over & over again to keep your detector in optimal settings & running smoothly. It seems the 6K will be able to manage this much faster with way more precision then any operator could. I might have talked my self into buying one 🤫