Smaller Coil For Trash

Do they make a small concentric coil for the Gold Bug? If so then that would be well worth having for those tough conditions. They don't separate out tight targets as well but filter better when discriminating out the lower range. I use my concentric on my Tejon for similar conditions.

7 minutes ago, kac said:

Do they make a small concentric coil for the Gold Bug?

Nope, because the Gold Bug family doesn't work with concentric coils.  Occasionally (might be some specific units) people have gotten them to work with concentrics, but the rule is they don't.  There's a well linked quote on another forum where Dave Johnson says they don't, then someone says they got theirs to work, and he says "well, OK, tolernaces..." or something to that affect.  I tried a distant cousin Teknetics 'Frat Brothers' 5"x9" concentric on my GB-Pro and it seemed to work in bench testing for 5 or 10 minutes, then the detector went bonkers.

Even the Teknetics T2 won't accept concentrics while its relative, the Fisher F75, does.

When I had my Gold Racer I had both the dd and concentric. Though the DD had better performance and both had same depth the concentric handled iron better. I did favor the DD as the concentric on that machine was a little knock sensitive and probably a fault in the design as I heard others had same issue.