Hello From Nj

Tahts-a-dats-ago

I've long been a lurker here, and have learned a lot in the process (thanks to all for sharing your knowledge). And thanks to Steve for sharing his incredible wealth of knowledge.

I live in southern NJ (close to the DE bay). Mostly I hunt old permissions - sites that date back 200+ years. For me it is more about the hunt than it is about the find. I like the unknown aspect of it - who lost it, how did it impact them, what was their life like, etc..

My user name is derived from a Louis L'Amour book - Tahts-a-dats-ago was a character in one of his books (I used to collect books by L'Amour). I mention that because people often ask where the moniker came from.

My current machines:

Makro multi Kruzer

Nokta-Makro Anfibio (multi)

Tesoro Compadre

Garrett Apex

XP ORX

XP Deus

Minelab Vanquish 440 (bought it for my wife)

Best of luck to all

Welcome in from the dark side Tahts !

Quite the pile of detectors you have there , which one gets the most use ?

Kick the coals in the campfire and sit down for a while ....did you find anything good lately ?

Not me... But I'm not giving up that easy.

5 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Welcome in from the dark side Tahts !

Quite the pile of detectors you have there , which one gets the most use ?

Kick the coals in the campfire and sit down for a while ....did you find anything good lately ?

Not me... But I'm not giving up that easy.

Thanks for the welcome.

I haven't been hunting for a bit now - too hot and family matters (my father has cancer) that matter far more.

Once I can get back to hunting the Deus will get the use for awhile anyway  - I need to learn that machine so I know what it is telling me (better). After that - all but the Compadre and Vanquish will be used. The compadre is mostly a loaner for the neighbor's grandson (when he wants to hunt with me). The Vanquish is my wife's machine, so I only "use" it when I'm helping her learn it.

Ha, mind if I call you TaDa? 😀 Don't want to break a fingernail copying and pasting your handle.

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing you grow with the Deus, and posting finds from those old sites. I have seen and heard it's a heckuva detector. I'm not "too" far away in northern-ish VA.

Welcome TD,

I'm happy you promoted yourself from lurker status! I suppose you may be familiar with many of the "personalities" here by now!!😁 We will always welcome as many as Steve can handle!!😂 Thanks for the intro, and I look forward to your posts!!🍀👍👍

Welcome. You have good, historic ground to hunt and a very good selection of detectors. Take care of your Dad, but take a little time to care for yourself. Cooler weather is on the way!

Welcome to the forum and feel free to share some of your stories and finds with us.

Good luck and happy hunting.

On 9/9/2021 at 1:01 AM, Tahts-a-dats-ago said:

I've long been a lurker here, and have learned a lot in the process (thanks to all for sharing your knowledge). And thanks to Steve for sharing his incredible wealth of knowledge.

I live in southern NJ (close to the DE bay). Mostly I hunt old permissions - sites that date back 200+ years. For me it is more about the hunt than it is about the find. I like the unknown aspect of it - who lost it, how did it impact them, what was their life like, etc..

My user name is derived from a Louis L'Amour book - Tahts-a-dats-ago was a character in one of his books (I used to collect books by L'Amour). I mention that because people often ask where the moniker came from.

Best of luck to all

Hi Tahts. Welcome aboard. I like your attitude towards this hobby. (hopefully it is a hobby, as to some it is their profession).

Good Luck & Happy Hunting