GPX 6000 14" DD Coil Videos, Finds, Discussion & Tips

Northeast

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

The 14" DD sensitivity to small gold is slightly less than the 11"

Thats not my experience, Ive gotten 3 bits of tiny gold with the 14DD that are equally heard on the 11". I echo your hot rock experience...I recently detected near a railway line and got a sh*tload of blue-stone basalt hotrocks at depth...drove me nuts! Normally I dont get such reactive hotrocks so it really surprised me. Made me think of you guys in recent-volcanic areas that deal with them all the time....

yep, there is nothing worse than hot rocks at depth and the 6000 sings on them like a nugget with all coils that I've tried so far in all settings.

I guess your hotter soils will alter the performance of coils slightly so one may pull ahead or equal another that in milder soils doesn't take place.  I'm certainly not saying the 14" DD isn't sensitive, it's not too far behind the 11" for me. 

The 14DD works well for general mineralization, wet conductive grounds and EMI. But hotrocks remain a problem for both 14DD and the monos, not much difference between the two. At least not for the ones that I encounter frequently. I use the 14DD rarely, it just doesn't feel good to swing with the 6k.

GC

I have to agree, it is no joy to swing. You are better off using a 7000 at that point. I used to think, It's too bad they didnt come with a smaller DD, but got to thinking there would be a considerable depth loss in any smaller DD coils. As it is now, the 14 did not appear to be much of a depth seeker considering its size, and smaller coils would really be lacking. Just my theory, could be wrong.

6 hours ago, WesD said:

the 14 did not appear to be much of a depth seeker

As I posted earlier, the 14DD was made to that size in order to near-match the 11 mono in sens and depth so that the user didn't feel like he/she/it was missing out on targets. ...and yes, the smaller DD coils when they arrive will lose depth on bigger targets but be equally as good on the small stuff as every other coil when used in AI mode. Standard DD mode will lose a bit of both of course...