One Touch Button To Check Targets / Horseshoe Button

Rrnp

Okay, I am starting to get a handle on XP iron volume and ML tone volume in disc program/mode. Here is a question regarding the Deus/Deus II running in the “Goldfield” (or Relic) program. 

Does the XP Deus/Deus II in the goldfield and/or the relic program use the threshold similar to the technique that of the ML Equinox 800?

1 hour ago, HardPack said:

Okay, I am starting to get a handle on XP iron volume and ML tone volume in disc program/mode. Here is a question regarding the Deus/Deus II running in the “Goldfield” (or Relic) program. 

Does the XP Deus/Deus II in the goldfield and/or the relic program use the threshold similar to the technique that of the ML Equinox 800?

The adjustable threshold on the Deus Goldfield and Relic programs is similar to the true threshold that is used on the Nox Gold mode as opposed to the "audio reference" threshold tone used in the other modes (refer to the Nox manual for an explanation of the difference).  Low signal strength targets that are either shallower micro targets or just deep can just break the threshold (threshold audio dropout) without the Gold Field/Relic mode VCO audio engaging.  Thus you can decide whether a threshold dropout is worth investigating or ignoring depending on the context of the site.  HTH

16 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

The adjustable threshold on the Deus Goldfield and Relic programs is similar to the true threshold that is used on the Nox Gold mode as opposed to the "audio reference" threshold tone used in the other modes (refer to the Nox manual for an explanation of the difference).  Low signal strength targets that are either shallower micro targets or just deep can just break the threshold (threshold audio dropout) without the Gold Field/Relic mode VCO audio engaging.  Thus you can decide whether a threshold dropout is worth investigating or ignoring depending on the context of the site.  HTH

Thanks for the information:
Is the XP Goldfield threshold “break” similar to the ML reference threshold “null”?

Does the XP Deus/Deus II display a target I.D. either in Goldfield or Relic programs when the threshold breaks when over a target?

15 minutes ago, HardPack said:

Thanks for the information:
Is the XP Goldfield threshold “break” similar to the ML reference threshold “null”?

Does the XP Deus/Deus II display a target I.D. either in Goldfield or Relic programs when the threshold breaks when over a target?

Yes, it is similar, it nulls in the presence of a target.

On 12/25/2021 at 3:24 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Accepted iron bin volume adjustment on the Nox is nothing really unique nor groundbreaking.

Nor was it new or groundbreaking on Deus. Which is beside the point. Run wide open, adjust tone volumes as needed, no real need for horseshoe. But it’s nice to have anyway, and I do use it for those rare times when I actually do reject or notch out targets, and can see why people like having it.

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Nor was it new or groundbreaking on Deus. Which is beside the point. 

OK. Going around in circles here a bit so I will try to put down the shovel and refrain from trying defend/explain every time I am quoted - just not worth it, and probably does nothing but perpetuate confusion.   Sometimes, the response is for the benefit of the audience not necessarily the person whose quote is pasted to the top of the reply.  I need to remind myself of that, periodically.  Others here may also benefit from that perspective, as well. :smile: Thanks.

Will start a separate thread on mixed audio mode features and related "discriminated" iron audio features because the constant callbacks to the Nox horseshoe button functionality [ironically in an XP forum thread :laugh:], though obviously related to the original topic of this thread, just introduces confusion on what is arguably a conceptually difficult feature for me to explain in straightforward terms to begin with.  Besides, it is probably discussed in a detector feature comparison context which is more appropriate in another forum section.

36 minutes ago, HardPack said:

still waiting…

Well, I'm still waiting for a Deus 2 to answer your question... The Relic program doesn't exist on D1 so I guess that makes us even...

Regarding D1 and Gold Field, if you just break the threshold or get a mouse fart audio blip, you may just get double bars (no TID) or a ferrous ID at the limit of detection in hot ground.  Otherwise, if you get a solid hit, you will get a TID.  Not sure if that answers your question.

1 hour ago, HardPack said:

still waiting…

I’m still waiting along with you. 

Using Deus 1 or ORX Goldfield the progression for smaller nuggets (1 gram and smaller) in iron mineralization and increasing depth is roughly: legitimate 25 to 60 or so numerical target ID, intermittent legitimate non ferrous target ID mixed with iron target ID, iron target ID, 98-99 target ID, — — and then finally faint audio responses with no change in the detect screen at the edge of detection.  Larger gold nuggets, depending on depth=same as above except that much larger gold can read higher on the target ID scale and skip the iron target ID phase and go straight to 99/ — — at extreme depth. 

I believe the Deus 2 will have at least the same features in the hybrid threshold Goldfield and to some degree the similar hybrid threshold Relic mode, that exist on post version 3 software Deus 1 and the ORX. Having no numerical target ID on Deus 2 Goldfield and Relic would be a huge step in the wrong direction.