Nokta Legend Vs Equinox 800

On 12/26/2021 at 4:34 PM, phrunt said:

I've been reading the Nokta Legend and XP Deus 2 Facebook groups and it's surprising the different clientele of each detector.   The Legend has a lot of followers that are very absolute in what they say, they're adamant the Legend is the best detector available even though they've never used it.  It destroys the Equinox in performance according to them.   If anyone dare say I'd rather wait and see and explains their reason or says they think the Equinox will remain better they're quickly belittled or even have their posts deleted.  The XP groups are so different, more technical and not so protective, it's very much like the Nokta groups are the underdog attacking anyone that questions the detector and defending the detector out of insecurities that they've themselves never used.  It's rather odd.   I guess because I'm not brand loyal at all towards detectors I don't understand the way they're behaving.  I use what's best for me and that's that, I couldn't care what brand it is, where it's made or who makes it I just want which detector is best for me. 

Many of them cite the price as being a big factor behind their love of the Legend, and like to point out how expensive the Deus II is, while I understand liking cheaper products that doesn't make them better, often the contrary.  It's been a very interesting ride following the two detectors and their releases and how polar opposite the two releases have been in just about every facet.    I guess people involved in marketing are experts at influencing people towards their product and use various methods of doing so and certain people are taken in by certain marketing methods.  I have a distrust of sales people, and marketing in general, always have so I prefer to wait and see and let the general public help make my decisions preferring not to listen to marketing.  I'm not generally someone that rushes in and goes on waiting lists and prefer to let others do that and buy one of the second batch or later as we've all seen so often the first batch can be riddled with issues that are later resolved.  Nokta can't act like it doesn't happen to them either, the Simplex is a prime example of that, the wobbly lower shaft, the big batch of faulty coils...   It regularly happens with Minelab releases, I don't know enough about XP to know their initial release quality.

Seeing I'm in no rush I'll be sitting out the initial batches of both the Legend and XP Deus II, once the dust has settled and the general public have decided which is best I'll then make my move.  It's not like my current selection of detectors are under performing so I can handle the wait. 

I look forward to hearing the genuine user reports and hope to be persuaded I need either of these new detectors, at the moment it's looking like the Deus II for me although I may just stick with my trusty Equinox, it's served me well, even though it's of poor quality construction according to some to me it's been perfectly fine, I treat it bad and it's remained intact and the performance is absolutely what I love about it.  It's near my perfect detector with current technology, so the new kids on the block have to better it significantly to make them worth considering.

Sounds like politics!

Nah just an observation, Nokta is very popular with the younger generation and newer to detecting people like myself and as you can appreciate the younger often need to be more price conscious.  The XP seems more the very experienced users perhaps it's difficulty of use with its first generation, I found its unstable ID and people saying its best to hunt with audio quite intimidating so myself would have selected a Legend over an original Deus.  I'm hoping the second generation Deus has improved the things I didn't like about the first one and it sounds like it has.  

Let's face it though how cool is it there is going to be so much choice on the market, most couldn't imagine we would have this selection of SMF detectors to choose from within a few years after the choices being quite stagnant for many years and hopefully Minelab losing its dominance giving us more choices and better value.