The Legend - Version 1.14 Beta 2 Test - Released!

I don't know about anyone else,  but when I went to 1.14 b2 there was a significant DROP in my maximum wireless headphone volume level vs what it was before. Even trying different wireless headphones still equaled somewhere around a 50% reduction in maximum volume through the wireless audio.

I'm going to flash back down to a lower version and see if that corrects it. Also not sure why they would send out that message about removing the 1.14 beta 2 and going back down to 1.13 Has that always been something they told owners to do after a beta period was over? Just odd.

UPDATE- I re-flashed to 1.13 and my wireless volume returned to what it should be. Very strange. Will miss the DT feature but maybe some things are better off being missed if it caused my machine another problem. Nokta, I'm watching you 👁️

10 hours ago, RobNC said:

I don't know about anyone else,  but when I went to 1.14 b2 there was a significant DROP in my maximum wireless headphone volume level vs what it was before. Even trying different wireless headphones still equaled somewhere around a 50% reduction in maximum volume through the wireless audio.

I'm going to flash back down to a lower version and see if that corrects it. Also not sure why they would send out that message about removing the 1.14 beta 2 and going back down to 1.13 Has that always been something they told owners to do after a beta period was over? Just odd.

UPDATE- I re-flashed to 1.13 and my wireless volume returned to what it should be. Very strange. Will miss the DT feature but maybe some things are better off being missed if it caused my machine another problem. Nokta, I'm watching you 👁️

When I updated to 1.14 for the first beta version, the high tones in Beast Mode were barely audible compared to the low tones. So I updated a second time and it corrected the problem. It makes me wonder if sometimes an update might come through incomplete. I have no idea whether that is possible or if it was something I was doing wrong but it seems to be working properly now.

On 4/26/2024 at 11:17 AM, Jeff McClendon said:

That message from Nokta to revert to 1.13 is weird. I am just going to stay with 1.14 Beta until the final version comes out. 1.14 Beta works just fine on my Legends.

I’m the opposite - although the Beta 1 seems to work just fine on my Legend, I’ll take Nokta’s advice and revert to v1.13 until the final update comes out...or at least revert to v1.13 just prior to re-updating to the final v1.14. I’m too worried that the update for the final version won’t play nice if I still have Beta 1 installed instead of an official version when I run the update program.

I never got the chance to update to Beta 2 - it released on Friday I think, but I didn’t become aware of it until Monday, after I had already left for a work trip without access to my detector. By the time I got back home on Wednesday night, both Betas had been pulled down from their site. It felt like that old Seinfeld episode…”NO SOUP FOR YOU!!” 😜

30 minutes ago, AirmetTango said:

I’m the opposite - although the Beta 1 seems to work just fine on my Legend, I’ll take Nokta’s advice and revert to v1.13 until the final update comes out...or at least revert to v1.13 just prior to re-updating to the final v1.14. I’m too worried that the update for the final version won’t play nice if I still have Beta 1 installed instead of an official version when I run the update program.

I never got the chance to update to Beta 2 - it released on Friday I think, but I didn’t become aware of it until Monday, after I had already left for a work trip without access to my detector. By the time I got back home on Wednesday night, both Betas had been pulled down from their site. It felt like that old Seinfeld episode…”NO SOUP FOR YOU!!” 😜

I do updates with a Mac. Never had an issue and I ran pre-release V1.09 and other Beta versions for months and updated straight from those. I just make sure that I delete all previous versions of software and updaters on my iMac before I do the newest update and I do a user profile reset before and after installing the newest Legend software.

I didn’t load V1.14 Beta 2…..no need since I followed Nokta’s instructions for only using the A discrimination pattern with Beast Mode. The A disc pattern is what I use most of the time anyway.

With all of the Windows USB driver issues that people had with prior update attempts, I would not be asking Legend users to do any redundant software updates.

hello,😀

Today's date 4/27/24. I am trying to update my legend v1.13 to v1.14 "beast mode". I am having troubles with the update process. I used updater from NOKTA website, however the scroll down with the available versions to download did not show 1.14 as an option. I have seen 1.14 available in the scroll down menu which lists all available versions to download while watching a YouTube video. I am wondering how to get my legend to show v1.14 upon startup. ⁉️ 

On 4/25/2024 at 11:52 AM, HardPack said:

Firmware update notice from Nokta DT Facebook:

Nokta Detectors

Dear Valued Legend Users,

Thank you for testing the Legend software update v.1.14 Beta 1 & 2 test versions and your valuable feedback. We have now removed the Beta versions from our website and we're ending the testing stage here.

We'll work on a few more tweaks and release the final version in the upcoming weeks. Please use v.1.13 until we give you the final update of the v.1.14.

thanks for sharing this. I was like where is v1.14 i only see 1.13

On 4/27/2024 at 12:56 PM, 1cjs4u said:

thanks for sharing this. I was like where is v1.14 i only see 1.13

Nokta removed the V 1.14 update from their site, only V 1.13 for now.

I tried V 1.14 and thought the DT mode showed promise, BE not so much. I'm using V 1.13 now.

Here is the e-mail I received from Nokta,

Dear Valued Legend users,

Thank you for testing the Legend Software Update v.1.14 Beta 1 & 2 Test Versions and your valuable feedback. We have now removed the beta versions from our website and we're ending the testing stage here.

We'll work on a few more tweaks and release the final version in the upcoming weeks. Please use v.1.13 until we give you the final update of the v.1.14.

Best regards,

Nokta Detectors