Detecting Gold Chains In Saltwater

Every time we get new detectors for the beach, we get the same question. "Will it find thin gold chains better?" It comes up so often I finally dug up an old post I can just point to whenever it comes up. Here you go.

Gold Chains and Other Small Gold In Saltwater

Here is a similar question that comes up a lot:

Why Won't My Detector Find That Gold Chain?

There seems to be a thought process that thinks somehow multifrequency overrides basic laws of physics, that some magic new processing is going to fix the issue. No. Not as long as conductivity is the measure. Once you understand this, you stop asking the question. Hopefully the article  helps out with that.

metal-detector-gold-saltwater-beach-chains.jpg

Thanks to those Red Lines, I'm gradually understanding the risk using filters of any kind looking for a stable tune or massive reject.

I can now try to trade some acceptable falsing for the shines, instead of a numb and overly quiet machine. 

Over the past 14 years I've been hunting I've dug maybe 7 Gold chains with the excalibur. Almost everyone had a pendent OR a gold ring...........The excalibur and the AQ are not gold chain finders. 

Getting the deus ll I don't see much a change in what I find since It's rare to see any of the locals dig gold chains, And most use Noxes.