** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

19 minutes ago, Tahoegold said:

Big boulders for sure! I haven't been there yet. It looks great!

It would take some huge volume of water to move those boulders. Look how high they are sitting. They've gotta be on bedrock. That would be pretty fun to work that! 

Check out that bridge footing in one of the pictures. It's sitting on one of the rocks. That's not the Paxton bridge but another larger one down the road.

As promised earlier this week, I have opened the old chest and will soon show part of the contents. It's even better than I expected. Must be part of a hidden stash. I did not include the old papers & maps as they must be kept secret.

Here is the chest showing a part of it's contents. The old papers & maps are not shown. IMG_20221217_135232.thumb.jpg.4655aa0ec5c4f3df8da104e39ad5a2eb.jpgIMG_20221217_135514.thumb.jpg.f42abc74dea10def5561a18f8daa650b.jpgIMG_20221217_135959.thumb.jpg.978cd21852ebb28766cd6bbc7e622e73.jpg

• Like 2

The bottom of the chest is starting to rot and can no longer be trusted to hold any weight. 

June 27   1937     Part Four

When we got to town we parked at the back of the general store and met up with the two deputies. Then we drove over and parked on a side street behind the hotel where our car wouldn’t be seen by the gang in the hotel. The deputies parked on the street in front of the hotel. Then Luther made a phone call to the sheriff. He told him there was some trouble with the gang members and they wanted him to come to the hotel. He said that he and deputy Dan would be parked out front in case of trouble. John and I then waited around the back corner of the hotel. We left out Thompson machine guns locked in the trunk of my sedan but had our 45’s holstered under our coats.

It took about ten minutes for the sheriff to arrive and he parked in the back parking lot. We waited for him to get to the back door and John started to walk towards him and yelled “Hey you.” As the sheriff turned to see who it was John was close enough to nail him with one of his deadly right hands to the jaw. The sheriff went down like a sack of wet laundry. We dragged him back to my car, tied him up and gagged him, removed the Thompsons, and locked him in the trunk. 

Deputy Luther stayed at the front door in case any of the gang tried to get out that way. He was armed with a shotgun and side arm as was Dan. Then John, Dan, and I quietly opened the back door of the hotel and walked over to the door of the room where the gang was staying. We were ready to have John kick it in and charge in without warning. I gave John the signal to break the door.  

TO BE CONTINUED ...............

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, Tahoegold said:

My heart was pounding reading this one. Just thinking about taking out a sheriff... He's a bad guy, but, now they really have their necks in a noose. Pretty gutsy!

Don't forget the judge. This crew is bad to the bone.