** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

September 26   2002     Part One     Haul Road Troubles

It rained all through the night and the temperatures are in the upper 40’s. The rain is not overly hard but it is steady. Clay and I took a walk up the haul road and it has deteriorated in a few places. He said he and Old Bulldog could handle it so we all got started with our work for the morning.

Around 10:00 AM the rain started picking up in intensity. It wasn’t too long after that when my radio came to life. It was Big Clay and he said Old Bulldog had slid off the road. 

Conor kept the tom running while I jumped in my truck and headed up the mountain. It had gotten very slick and parts of the road were washing out. A little more than halfway up I saw the truck. Clay had gone off the side on a tight turn and slid down into a depression about ten feet below. There was no getting out of there in these conditions without help. He was extremely lucky not to have rolled the dump truck over. He dumped his load of gravel between the road and where his truck was sitting. Then I went up and got Jacob. He brought the excavator down and used his bucket to build a little ramp back up. Then I hooked a logging chain to his bucket and the back of the dump truck. It worked and we got him back where he needed to be and Jacob reloaded the gravel back into his truck. It was looking like our time here was running out. 

TO BE CONTINUED ...........

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

22 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

I think I've figured it out - we've entered The Twilight Zone.

Day 2 of the twilight zone?

3 minutes ago, Old Miner Don said:

Day 2 of the twilight zone?

Looks like it. Internet is a scary place sometimes. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mike Furness said:

GhostMiner ... We having a senior🙃 moment? Gone into the writing room and forgot what you were going to say? 🤣

No. Not in the least. Just waiting to make sure this website is secure. Steve's statement that he is pulling his hair out & trying to keep the entire thing from collapsing got my attention. No more posts for the time being. Let's see how this plays out. The internet can be a dangerous place. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

No. Not in the least. Just waiting to make sure this website is secure. Steve's statement that he is pulling his hair out & trying to keep the entire thing from collapsing got my attention. No more posts for the time being. Let's see how this plays out. The internet can be a dangerous place. 

I think the reason Mike asked you that question is that the post you made yesterday explaining why you have stopped writing is missing except for that one little doo hickey.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Old Miner Don said:

I think the reason Mike asked you that question is that the post you made yesterday explaining why you have stopped writing is missing except for that one little doo hickey.

Yes, I know that. I'll get back to things. I'm also actually considering starting my own forum. It would be called WHISKY, GOLD,  GUNS, & BAR FIGHTS. A place where damn near anything goes including political arguments. It would be loosely & I mean loosely moderated by heavy drinkers, gold miners,  and a few ex prize fighters thrown in for good measure. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

Yes, I know that. I'll get back to things. I'm also actually considering starting my own forum. It would be called WHISKY, GOLD,  GUNS, & BAR FIGHTS. A place where damn near anything goes including political arguments. It would be loosely & I mean loosely moderated by heavy drinkers, gold miners,  and a few ex prize fighters thrown in for good measure. 

Count me out. Sounds like the old Finders forum in Aussie.

D4G

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

Count me out. Sounds like the old Finders forum in Aussie.

D4G

OK. You're out LOL. 

• Haha 2