** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

Sounds like a reasonable plan to conserve water. Either way you will find gold this season or next. I don't really think it is much of a gamble, just realistic planning with what is presented to you ... if that makes sense! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, UT Dave said:

The site does seem snappier.  Much appreciated!

- Dave

Have you ever been to Area 52 (Dugway) ? Very interesting place.

A few times.  

- Dave

• Like 1

Here's some old school mining. I'd love to run those tailings through a good trommel & sluice setup.

• Like 5
  • Oh my! 1

11 minutes ago, UT Dave said:

A few times.  

- Dave

My wife & I were there once back in 2015. Found it totally by accident. 

1 hour ago, GhostMiner said:

Here's some old school mining. I'd love to run those tailings through a good trommel & sluice setup.

You and me both lol. The film quit just when it started getting real interesting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I did some work out there a long time ago.  And knew the quartermaster that was there for a couple of years a long time ago, he took me out coyote hunting on the base a few times.  Have "accidentally" wandered onto it from the edges once or twice too.  

- Dave

• Like 1

September 29   2002     Part One     Nearing Bedrock     

The weather today is hot and dry. This morning we started digging deeper into the pit and followed the sloping walls of granite down. The dimensions of the pit are narrowing quite a bit now and Jacob believes we are nearing the bedrock. The crew is watching as the excavator takes away each scoop. No one is saying a word but you can feel the excitement in the air. The gravels are being stockpiled as per our plan in order to ensure we will have a water supply to run the bottom gravels first. I have been test panning and the gold seems to be getting coarser than before. We must be close.  

TO BE CONTINUED ................

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh my! 1