XP Deus 2 And Equinox 800 11" Coils On Buried Dime In Arizona Mineralized Dirt

16 minutes ago, abenson said:

Thanks! The dimes were clad.

Thank you.  If you only get six inches reliably in your AZ dirt, what do you usually hunt with, the MDT8000, or a PI?  

I'm in Utah and the dirt is even worse here. I'll use the Equinox, Deus and a PI for the deep stuff.

Deus 2 easily on that battle. Good video Andrew. Great job capturing the ID #s. Did ya score any nuggets in AZ?

10 minutes ago, abenson said:

I'm in Utah and the dirt is even worse here. I'll use the Equinox, Deus and a PI for the deep stuff.

I thought you were in Utah.  Sounds like we hunt similar sites, some of the alkali deserts in Nevada are pretty tough going, closest I've been to detecting Utah was on one of Monte's WTHO hunts out by West Wendover, pretty nasty ground in some of those sites, I just don't recall depth being limited.  We have one alkali desert stage stop that the Impact couldn't even ground balance at, yet we were still getting some deep targets.  So many variables in metal detecting.  Have you ever hunted Cherry Creek before?

9 hours ago, Kickindirt said:

Deus 2 easily on that battle. Good video Andrew. Great job capturing the ID #s. Did ya score any nuggets in AZ?

No Joel unfortunately came up empty handed.

9 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

I thought you were in Utah.  Sounds like we hunt similar sites, some of the alkali deserts in Nevada are pretty tough going, closest I've been to detecting Utah was on one of Monte's WTHO hunts out by West Wendover, pretty nasty ground in some of those sites, I just don't recall depth being limited.  We have one alkali desert stage stop that the Impact couldn't even ground balance at, yet we were still getting some deep targets.  So many variables in metal detecting.  Have you ever hunted Cherry Creek before?

I've been to Montes hunt as well. There's one rail stop there that has ground you can't hear a IHP at 3 inches. Kickindirt can attest to that. Full of waste from the steam locomotives.

No I've never been to Cherry Creek.