Military Site Relic Hunt With The XP Deus 2

10 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Nice digs!! 

I like the early U.S. Great Seal coat button, been after one of those for a while but no dice yet.

Sounded like a LOT of EMI, I assume your out in the sticks? 

Thanks

That's only the 3rd one I've ever dug.

The EMI wasn't all that bad. Actually this site is pretty close to a road and houses.

9 hours ago, palzynski said:

May be a discriminating pinpointer like the ML profind 35 or the Quest Xpointer Max would help   to identify the big deep irons , this faster than with the all metal Mi6 pinpointer ...  I have never used a MI6 up to now then its just an idea  ...

I do have a Minelab Pro 35 and it will disc iron. But I'm actually OK digging iron at these sites as there are some iron targets I like finding, like cannon balls and picket pins.

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

I agree -- the coat button appears to be in excellent condition, with the eye-hook still intact.  I hope it cleans up to look even better.  Have you found any coins at that site?

Thanks for videoing that large chunk of iron.  Too many just show the goodies but I learn a lot more seeing the junk, too.  And since "miserly loves company" I'm also relieved to see others get fooled occasionally.  😏

Yes we have found coins at that site. trimes, seated and cap bust half dimes, seated half dollar, seated dimes and Spanish silver.

Yea dug more nails and large iron I didn't show. But I have also been surprised digging those kind of signals. Last year I dug a 2 Reales I swore was going to be iron as it was only giving a good signal one way. 17-18 one way total negative numbers at 90 degrees,

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I agree -- the coat button appears to be in excellent condition, with the eye-hook still intact.  I hope it cleans up to look even better.  Have you found any coins at that site?

Thanks for videoing that large chunk of iron.  Too many just show the goodies but I learn a lot more seeing the junk, too.  And since "miserly loves company" I'm also relieved to see others get fooled occasionally.  😏

Good observation.  Yes, it's very annoying when someone's show & tell video is like the Bass-fishing-channel.  Where "every cast is a lunker".   So when my buddy and I do videos, we include shots of both good and bad.  

Also beneficial when the videos capture audio of both good and bad.  That brings the viewer into it, and is music to the hard-core md'rs ears 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, videshekta said:

Did you do the new big number download? 

No I didn't do the update. I'm still on the first .6 version and I think I'll keep it there until all the potential bugs are worked out of the other versions.