Military Site Relic Hunt With The XP Deus 2

10 minutes ago, cookie58 said:

Did you do the new big number download? And, if so, was there any negative effect at all? Are you the same person that did the lift on the VW TDI? 

No I didn't do the download and from what I'm hearing I'm glad I didn't.

Yes I did the lift on the VW TDI and with fuel prices the way they are I'm glad I did. Now I have something that gets 40 mpg and does well on dirt roads.

1 minute ago, abenson said:

No I didn't do the download and from what I'm hearing I'm glad I didn't.

Yes I did the lift on the VW TDI and with fuel prices the way they are I'm glad I did. Now I have something that gets 40 mpg and does well on dirt roads.

Thanks for the info. I did the download and in my test field, there seems to be no difference. That I can tell. If you can say  on here, what kind of lift kit did you use and how expensive?

3 hours ago, cookie58 said:

Thanks for the info. I did the download and in my test field, there seems to be no difference. That I can tell. If you can say  on here, what kind of lift kit did you use and how expensive?

I did MK4 Overland VW High Life Stage 3 Suspension. Cost was $995, my son and I put it on. Then added bigger all terrain tires. It lifted the Beetle about 3 inches.

Nice digs!! 

I like the early U.S. Great Seal coat button, been after one of those for a while but no dice yet.

Sounded like a LOT of EMI, I assume your out in the sticks? 

13 hours ago, abenson said:

Thanks Tom

I feel the Equinox probably could have found most of those targets. Although I have hunted over these same spots with the Equinox multiple times. Now did I miss them due to a better performing Deus 2 or did I just not swing over that particular spot with the Equinox in the past? Who knows.

The Deus 1 I doubt it, the targets were too deep and I lose most coin sized stuff at about 6" with the Deus 1. 

Very nice video thx , congratulations for the very nice button  ...

I agree the Equinox goes deep in clean soils , same depth as the D2 to my opinion from my measurements ... But the D2 is lighter and more cumfortable to sweep , it is a big plus in the field  ...

May be a discriminating pinpointer like the ML profind 35 or the Quest Xpointer Max would help   to identify the big deep irons , this faster than with the all metal Mi6 pinpointer ...  I have never used a MI6 up to now then its just an idea  ...

12 hours ago, Tom_in_CA said:

In other words, it's VERY EASY to be shown a flagged spot, and THEN to hear something.  And if someone else (who has a reputation for finding deep silver in junky parks) says "This sounds good", then it's VERY EASY to subconsciously amp up the evaluation in-your-mind, and simply agree :  "Yes I hear it, and yes I would have dug that, and yes it sounds like such & such". 

I agree  I have heard this "Yes I hear it, and yes I would have dug that" sentence hundred of times lol  😄 ...  It is the worst way to compare 2 detectors while being the most frequently used method ...  

2 hours ago, palzynski said:

I agree  I have heard this "Yes I hear it, and yes I would have dug that" sentence hundred of times lol  😄 ...  It is the worst way to compare 2 detectors while being the most frequently used method ...  

So what we do, to avoid this bias, is to test each other by purposefully marking some bad ones.  Just to see what the other person says.   Or to mark out a 3 ft. square area, and see what they can isolate in a larger spot.   And even once they *do* hear it, then to make sure that they're not simply getting the same beep-type elsewhere, and digging junk .

The 3 ft sq area flagging would show if the target gets picked up initially which is critical. Then you could switch detectors & listen for yourself. This would be time consuming but informative.

I agree -- the coat button appears to be in excellent condition, with the eye-hook still intact.  I hope it cleans up to look even better.  Have you found any coins at that site?

Thanks for videoing that large chunk of iron.  Too many just show the goodies but I learn a lot more seeing the junk, too.  And since "miserly loves company" I'm also relieved to see others get fooled occasionally.  😏