Modded Monster

Think I finally got my Monster just where I want it?  I've added a Minelab EQ800 shaft and hacksawed some of it off. The shaft will still extend the full length and fits my personal length for normal upright hunting.  It will shorten up for PP type purposes and also be able to shorten up for some "jungle" type on my hands and knees super brushy hunting (and I have lots of that to do). Last season I tried a fixed strap with the idea of throwing the Monster over my shoulder as I hunt with the 6.  That didn't work too good and the tector would flop around, etc. This time I attached a light weight strap to left side of machine that is adjustable so it can be tightened once I get the machine over the shoulder and basically on my back.  This seems to work good and machine is on my back and out of the way.  The strap also tucks away real nice when not needed and won't get hung up in the brush when tucked away. The one improvement everybody with a Monster I'm sure can use it is where I extended the stand ears with some plexi-glass and duct tape that adds about 2" width and will help with the way the Monster likes to always fall over.  If you don't care for the Oneguy sloppy tape job you can bolt some ears on.

The way I like to hunt with the 6 currently is to locate 6-8 targets with bright pink markers, run back and grab the Monster to chase the targets. This works for me because I waste so much precious time PPing a tiny bit with the 6 and 11" coil.  It also allows me to take advantage of the ferrous/non ferrous meter on the Monster (big time saver). This is why I tried to add a strap to have the Monster either on my back with me or very close for recovery.  Kind of a PITA using 2 machines but it saves ME valuable time/ more gold at the end of the day....  Anyways, I'll know more in a week or two when I get back out in the brush.... 

Hope somebody can use some of this...

Good luck out there guys... bring on season #5 (for me)....

mod2.JPG

mod1.JPG