Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Is Garrett About To Release A New Gold Prospecting Pi?

phrunt

I just came back from the GPAA Gold and Treasure Show.  I asked a few non-dealer types if they were aware of Garrett's new detector.  The response was very tight lipped.  It was stated to me repeatedly that they could not speak about this new model.  They couldn't tell me if they have tested or handled one.  They said it had not been released yet so they could not speak about it.   They specifically stated that if they had tested it that would be even more reason why they could not discuss it.  They said you will just have to wait and see.

I can't add any information to the discussion other than we can't discuss it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I’ve just realised that I’ve never bought a new Minelab PI metal detector……and probably never will. Dealers must hate people like me ?

When will I “upgrade” from my old, obsolete SD2100 and GP3500 dinosaur machines…..?

……that continue to find so much gold ?
……. but I’m seriously eyeing off the Garrett unit pending its release and what it may likely offer.

• Like 4

Garrett have done a little teaser video, looking good, looking real good.

There is no way this shaft is twisting!

718200176_Garrettshaft.jpg.1761b7bdf3d7ea14c3f85b22965e23a9.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Crickey they are going the marketing hard, this old codger will be keen to see how it stacks up. 

• Haha 1

That red Earth shot appears to be in Australia and the mountains in the US. So, looking hopeful the implication is it's intended to be a versatile machine for a lot of different environments, and perhaps we had a wide range of global testers too. 

Probably a stupid question, but where do you buy Garrett at these days? Is it an Amazon or Kellyco type purchase, dealers, or?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, jasong said:

Probably a stupid question, but where do you buy Garrett at these days? Is it an Amazon or Kellyco type purchase, dealers, or?

I know Rob sells them or at least has some on his website. I am sure the dealers will be on here soon or should be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jasong said:

Joel (kickindirt) on this forum sells them.

• Like 1