Reports On MX Sport Firmware Update - Post Here

Guest Paul (Ca)

2 minutes ago, gambler said:

I'm still here. But I have nothing constructive to add, except I found a dime at 6 inches. I don't know how to evaluate recovery speed, and I still don't understand the term "tone smearing". (does that make me the perfect mxs user?:))

Thanks tom for participating in the forum. I'm sure everyone appreciates it.

Anytime. As long as you are finding stuff that's all that matters. That and enjoying God's earth.

Sales on the MX Sport have been pretty good, and in PA I heard a lot of positive chatter from folks about it. I know the firmware seems like a HUGE issue on here on DP, but I always have to remind myself of the "echo chamber" on various forums. You ever seen a chicken with a blood spot on it? The other chickens will peck it to death. 

Thanks to all on this forum for the help. It has made the MX Sport a better detector and given us some good insights. I'll still jump on here occasionally but since the fire's been put out it probably won't be as much.

• Like 1

To all on here that has a MX Sport. In the discrimination mode you have a curser you can move up to cut some things out . The book says it's a flashing curser but on my detector it don't flash. How about yours?

Tomorrow I'm going to run a test with the sen set at 9.and I hope it is better than the trouble I had today set at that.

Chuck 

John

I don't think the firmware cause me a problem. I think I had a problem in the MXS when I got it the first time new out of the box. I believe if I could get my hands on another I wouldn't be going through all this. The trouble I had before I sent it in I still have the same thing. I thought on maybe what was said this would be the fix I needed.

I just don't know.

Chuck

Chuck It might even be something silly like a non responsive key pad or dirt/grease on or under one of the buttons, which is easily done those little contacts are so fine that it only takes a spec of dust to make them act crazy or like you said it could be the software, But by only putting it in the hands of the experts is they only way to get to the bottom of it,, They will fix it but like all things finding the problem is harder than the solution, Give em time mate, they will get it right for you.

Good luck and take care John.  

Tom, I think you have to realize, this forum has the smartest detectorists around. No monkey see monkey do, that's why I open ears and close mouth. I will learn from these guys, but I don't sweat it too much. Take care tom, but don't forget to check in here once in awhile, it might prove to be  in your best interest.

Dear Paul

I did read you topic about the SAT 6 en 8

Can you sent me a photo of the screen with the 8 SAT please? There is an discussion with Whites UK (Europe`) about the latest MX Sports after the 23/3/2016. We hear that the MX is upgraded but we cannot see it on screen. Hope you are willing to sent me the photo:

info@metaaldetectors.nl

Rudy....Netherlands

Mr. Boykin,

Please answer my questions before you move on. I know that you are just a member here and you have done well trying to be a go between for us and I thank you for that. Contrary to what you said, it has been well documented that Whites has loaded and shipped at least three different versions of their firmware onto the MXS. Has Whites assigned a version number to these loads? The dealers do not know, so a unsuspecting new customer can walk into their store and walk out with a defective detector. There must be a way for us (as customers) can look and see posted somewhere to let us know instead of playing the Whites lottery game. Can an owner physically look at their detector and view the firmware version? Many have asked this question but I see little to no answers coming from what we have known as one of the best detector companies around.    

Thanks for the kind words! We're trying to keep that reputation going.

I don't remember saying anything about the number of versions for the firmware. Just that after the initial update nothing performance-related has changed. Our tech has records of the firmware versions, but there isn't a version number on the detector as far as I know. The important change is the tone smearing. That's fixed as of 3-25-16.

I try to keep the big picture in mind at all times. So the best advice I can give on this (and don't take this as an insult) is to let the computer take a nap and spend some time with the MX Sport. If something seems wrong - contact White's to let us know. If everything seems good - enjoy the outdoors and find some treasure.

9 hours ago, gambler said:

Tom, I think you have to realize, this forum has the smartest detectorists around. No monkey see monkey do, that's why I open ears and close mouth. I will learn from these guys, but I don't sweat it too much. Take care tom, but don't forget to check in here once in awhile, it might prove to be  in your best interest.

I'll check in from time to time and respond to pm's. Just going to focus on the main part of my job (and actually going detecting).