Psa.....

oneguy

So this morn I jump in the PU, batteries, coffee, coffee cup, gold vile, lunch, smokes, lighter, glasses, full tank...all good to go!  Get 3/4 of the way to my diggings and realize I'm still wearing my f'n slippers!  Almost turned around but thought WTF lets give it a shot?...lol.  Pulled it off and dig 10-12 (?) itty bitties but it sure wasn't smooth going.  If you have dementia creeping in don't forget to check your footwear BEFORE you leave the shack.....

I happen to be the epitome of preparation and organization. I have never forgotten my boots, lunch, water, backpack, batteries, gold bottle, power cords, headphones, dog or detector. At least I don't remember ever having done so.

Any post by Strick or Sourdough Scott on this topic which mentions my name is not to be believed.

I would have submitted this post sooner but I forgot to push the "submit reply" button.

I can assure you we all have been there one time are another.

Here’s mine the other day.

Went and filled up my car with gas . After I was sitting checking my mileage with the gallons to see what my mpg . I put my car in drive and pushed down on the gas pedal and it didn’t move. I looked and it was in Drive also the parking brake was off . I said what the heck is wrong with this thing now and after checking everything over I put it back in park. Then starting the engine and putting back in drive I drove off.

Chuck 

YOU Cats have been smoking too much Wacky Tobaccy!

I resemble that story!

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I can assure you we all have been there one time are another.

Here’s mine the other day.

Went and filled up my car with gas . After I was sitting checking my mileage with the gallons to see what my mpg . I put my car in drive and pushed down on the gas pedal and it didn’t move. I looked and it was in Drive also the parking brake was off . I said what the heck is wrong with this thing now and after checking everything over I put it back in park. Then starting the engine and putting back in drive I drove off.

Chuck 

Yea, I heard about that guy, it must have been you Chuck, news travels quick.

chuck.jpg.609129466e2fd7580c867c0af2ccc46d.jpg

I assume you went shopping after getting your gas?

8 hours ago, oneguy said:

and realize I'm still wearing my f'n slippers!  Almost turned around but thought WTF lets give it a shot?

But the best part of it is the fact that you still had your wife's house coat on.

I live quite remote from any services. But when I do go to town, I like to get a breakfast there. Twice I have left home, got halfway there and realized my teeth were still at home. Nothing left but to turn back and get them. I live an  hour from town, so it adds another hour to my trip. It's hard to think of anything good about getting old other than you are still breathing.