Detech Coils Coming Soon For The Garrett Axiom

phrunt

I am happy to report for Garrett Axiom users and potential buyers you will have a range of aftermarket coils available for it from Detech

Detech Ltd have said they are very interested in making coils for the Axiom and are currently preparing to make a range of coils for it.

The excellent news is also they are planning on making DD coils, Anti Interference Coils, Spiral coils, and very likely Concentric coils.  They will offer open and closed designs.

Their aim with their range of coils is to make them very deep, sensitive and at the same time keeping them very light in weight.

They are going to follow this thread, so if anyone has any suggestions for the size or type coil they want or think should be produced by all means report here so they can see which would be the most popular types of coils for it.  I personally would like something like a 6" or 8" Mono, an 11" Anti Interference coil, a 11x6" Mono (spiral if possible) and a 11x6" DD, a 15" spiral mono, a 15" Concentric, I could go on forever as once there are options there are so many good coils you could have.

This is outstanding news for Axiom owners, and is really going to push the Axiom to the next level.  For those of us that have used Detech coils before you'll know how good their coils can be.

cropped-rsz_logo_detech.thumb.jpg.9bc2d9d887222195d9095178bea4a558.jpg

A little background on Detech Ltd the company.

Detech design and manufacturing advanced hobby metal detectors, treasure detectors, and deep seeking search coils. In 2001 the company designs the first PI detector in the world with microprocessor control, touchpads, and graphical image of the signal. The SSP series find wide markets and huge sales, and the funds received to allow the opening of a new branch of the company – the production of accessory coils for the leading brands of metal detectors.

Detech Ltd is the first company in the world, applying search coil with built-in magnetic sensors in the middle sector. This allows perfect discrimination of the ferrous objects by the PI detectors.

Trying to escape the stereotype of the round coils in 2006 the company releases a new, revolutionary type of coil on the market – S.E.F. (Symmetrical Electromagnetic Field) coils, known also as Butterfly coils. These search coils combine the advantages of both DD and Concentric coils:

All Detech coils are made using high-quality materials. The housings are made of UV protected material. Their inner side is covered with chopped-strand material for better shock resistance. We use resins, which are “transparent” for the electromagnetic waves, and perfect shielding. The coils are water-resistant and operate in a wide temperature range.  The search coils come standard equipped with an excellently fitting cover and have two years full warranty.

Excellent news! I like coil options, the more the better. Coils help sell detectors, and more detectors means more coils! Here is the current DeTech lineup for the Minelab GPX 5000 and earlier. Using existing housings makes things much faster, so choosing among these options will get quicker action than some size they do not already make.

detech-gpx-coils-1.jpg
detech-gpx-coils-2.jpg

I'd like a 14x9 mono, and out of the coils they make the 15x10 open would be the closest for me, though there is also the 15x8 closed design to consider. And yeah, the 11x6 mono also.

For more oddball use I'd like a coil for water hunting, like an 8" or 11" round epoxy filled mono. 10" is ideal for water hunting which is why nobody makes them anymore. :smile: So I guess I'd have to go 11" as my first choice over 8".

I'd love to see Coiltek and Nugget Finder options also, but they are tied so close to Minelab that might present issues for them. Hopefully not. The Axiom is more like the good old days, where anyone can just make coils for it, without asking for permission first. Garrett got away from the proprietary Infinium and ATX coil connector also, making things much easier for the aftermarket people.

Here is coil connector, 12mm across the black plastic:

connector1.jpgconnector2.jpg

I hoped to hear there would be aftermarket coils for the Axiom.  :biggrin:  I suspected if there were to be any soon, Detech would be a likely company.

For me, a smaller mono coil would be nice for use in tight situations such as on bedrock and around bushes, rocks and other obstacles.  

I'm sure the beach hunters and relic hunters would love an open SEF type coil for some good coverage and for use in or near the water.  

I imagine with plenty of experience making really durable great performing coils for other PI machines in the past, Detech can probably get production of some new Axiom coils done quickly.  I look forward to seeing and using some other coil types and shapes soon.

Such great news the aftermarket coils for Axiom, I would like to see a flatwire spiral wound 14x9 and a 14" flatwire spiral mono, and a 14" round flatwire spiral wound CC. This would make the Axiom highly desirable to my use.

• The title was changed to Detech Coils Coming Soon For The Garrett Axiom

Yes, it will be interesting what magic they can do to the Axiom, with complete freedom to make whatever they want for it they will be able to make some good coils and likely give the Axiom a good performance boost in many ways.  Big deep coils, smaller spirals for the tiny stuff... it sounds very promising.

Detech even make a 32" Concentric coil for the older GPX, imagine that coil on the Axiom!  Rob's detectors sell it!  I've been so tempted to buy a big Detech Concentric for my GPX 5000 for coins on the beach.

detech-32-concentric-search-coil-for-minelab-gpx-gp-sd-series-gold-detectors1-1000x1000.jpg.thumb.gif.c827468d66a3f740dcc0ff91683503fd.gif

That's great news to hear! I don't own an Axiom so I don't know what type and size of coil would really compliment or benefit it.

But from a curiosity and gearhead standpoint add my name to what is surely a long list of people curious to see what spiral and concentrics can do on the ultra sensitive modern PIs.