Why Are These Pulse Induction Devices So Expensive, The Price Of A Popular Car?

The GPX 5000 has basic discrimination when used with a DD coil, the DD coils are not generally as deep or sensitive as the similar sized Mono coils so most prospectors prefer to use mono's.  Most forget about discrimination and use a mono coil on the GPX 5000 because they want the most chance of digging gold, with that comes digging some junk.  The GPZ and GPX 6000 have no discrimination at all, nor does the SDC 2300.  The GPX 5000 tends to do a wee woo sound on gold, and other smaller non-ferrous targets even with a mono coil, and a different woo wee sound on the iron and larger junk targets, it's not 100% reliable either but can be used to dig less.  The GPX 6000 and 7000 share a similar trait with their target noises.  I've not used the SDC but imagine it gives a similar audio response.

The GPX 5000 will block out a majority of hot rocks so they will not make a sound that on the GM1000 it goes crazy on them. If your area has minimal junk but has a lot of hot rocks the any of these PI's will do far better than the Gold monster and you won't miss having that basic Gold Monster discrimination.   This is the same for the GPZ 7000 and also to an extent with the GPX 6000.  The SDC is very good at blocking out hot rocks so they shouldn't make a sound with it.

The GPX 5000 has basic discrimination when used with a DD coil and can block out some iron targets, especially big ones.  Most gold prospectors don't want to use a DD coil, or use discrimination as they don't want to miss any gold, discrimination isn't 100% reliable, and even more so on PI detectors it is very basic so you use it if you have to, not if you don't.

These charts they do are very rudimentary, and are based upon using standard coils that come with the detectors, by using different coils the results change.  Don't put too much into the chart, yes its an indication of performance but the %'s of performance change dramatically when using different coils.  The GPX 5000 probably has the most coil options of any detector ever made, there is a coil for everything, a really good detector.

8 hours ago, Joel - cacadordereliquia said:

I'll have to dig everything like a Polish Pi, I've already found ferrous stone that whistled like non-ferrous metal.

Phrunt covers it very well in his post.

Yes, you will essentially have to ‘dig everything’ with a P.I.   But, it will likely knock out almost all of your hot rocks - not guaranteed but likely.

It just depends on how much trash you think there is, how much gold you think there is, what size and depth you think that gold is and if you’re happy to dig some trash to get to the gold.

I’d still suggest the SDC 2300 as a good starting point.   If it works well and finds you lots of gold you can always upgrade.

If the SDC 2300 finds you no further gold then at least you haven’t overspent.  

👍

13 hours ago, Northeast said:

Phrunt covers it very well in his post.

Yes, you will essentially have to ‘dig everything’ with a P.I.   But, it will likely knock out almost all of your hot rocks - not guaranteed but likely.

It just depends on how much trash you think there is, how much gold you think there is, what size and depth you think that gold is and if you’re happy to dig some trash to get to the gold.

I’d still suggest the SDC 2300 as a good starting point.   If it works well and finds you lots of gold you can always upgrade.

If the SDC 2300 finds you no further gold then at least you haven’t overspent.  

👍

Thanks for the help friend.

Looking at this side you are absolutely right, because the gold of nature is very thin, with the GOLD MONSTER 1000 I already caught a nugget of 5 grams, and another smaller of 0.5 tenths. I was reading some comment right here on the forum and people were saying that they were selling the GPX 5000 to buy the SDC because the SDC is easier to handle, that is to say to learn how to work with the machine, anyone with no experience can pick up the device and comes out detecting. So I'm going to get the SDC 2300.

But, this SDC is a minelab input device with PI or it is made to find smaller nuggets than other devices.

With regard to hot stone, the SDC device beeps and gives a different sound or the sound is all the same, with the GOLD MONSTER it is easier to identify because it shows ferrous and non-ferrous.

As I've never had a PI device, I don't know how it behaves. This week if it's not raining I'll go to the field and collect some iron stones that the GOLD MONSTER device beeps and shares with you.

I'm not a professional but I practice robby, I already have a VLF device and I wanted to buy a PI device, they say it's much better and goes much deeper than the VLF, and here in my region the terrain is very mineralized, even this VLF keeps criticizing that's why I use it only on automatic it loses a lot of depth.

I still think if you can find a TDI SL and do the mods/ higher voltage battery — you will get big bang for the buck.  They are out there just gotta look.  Some under 1K.   There is one on forum now under classifieds.  

Draw back is Whites is out of business, but as long as you take care of it like anything else it will still keep going.  Mine from 2012 is still going strong.  Plus I have 2 others for backup.  Love the hi/low conductor switch.