Pinpointer ?

Al F

I’m thinking of getting a new PINPOINTER….which would be the best to get ?    Th MINELAB 35 ?…the GARRET AT PRO ?….or some other brand ?

… I do mostly beaches and Tot Lots on occasion….thanks for the help….Al

Depends on what you intend to do with it and if you're going near salt water but the Garrett Pro Pointer AT is a good solid pinpointer that works very well.

• Like 1

Hi Al F,

If you have the choice between the Garrett Pro Pointer AT and the Minelab Pro-Find 35 I would buy the Garrett.

I have bought the Minelab: Yellow handle started to  discolorize by dirt very soon. Just rinsing with water didn't bring back the bright yellow color. Battery cover "locked" easily with dirt and more often than not needed pliers to open. Handle was a bit too large to fit well and easy in "regular" pinpointer holster. The special iron-function did not work for me. The extra switching needed to go to and from that function I found too time consuming in the field. Mine leaked on the first day of use at the "stick". Had bad experience with guarantee with dealer and Minelab (France). Sealed it myself with a waterproofing kit, and used it for a couple of months, but sold it afterwards for peanuts.

I bought the Garrett (I have bought the Z-Lynk model together with my Garrett AT Max detector): For me 100% satisfaction! The Z-Lynk connects immediately to the headphones, no interference with the detector, really sturdy and waterproof, works everytime, easy menu to remember. I still had the Minelab when I bought the Garrett and found that I most times took the Garrett detecting, even with my Equinox (so without using the Z-Lynk function), and left the Pro-Find at home.

Hope this helps you to make a choice. 😉

• Like 3

Thanks for the advice….gonna get the carrot !

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

i know I am probably too late as it sounds like you have already purchased, BUT if you havent yet....

I really really really recommend the Fisher F-Pulse pinpointer.  I have had the black Garrett and the carrott.  both worked well for me, but in mineralized soil, the Fpulse is way better because it can be tuned to the soil.  It solves the situation when the carrot starts chirping/buzzing as soon as it is near the ground, and you have to try to discern what is a target and what is the ground.  fpulse, you just hit the button once more quick while touching the ground, and it now ignores the ground and you can much more easily find your target.  just like the carrot, you can turn sound off and use vibrate.

• 1 month later...

I personally like the XP Deus pinpointers. They are rechargeable and the battery last a long time in between charges.

If you have an XP Deus detector then the MI-6 would be a great choice because you can connect the detector with the pinpointer. If using another brand detector, the MI-4 would be a good choice.

I also like how the frequency of the volume increases the closer you are to the target. Keeps me from being careless and scratching an old coin or relic.

Just my opinion and I'm sure others have theirs too.

Happy hunting!

John

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

had both but think the carrot is better built. The M/L35 is too big for most after market pouches and the speaker gets clogged up with grit.  Slap it in my palm, works every time so far.  But i sold the carrot, i like the 35 on vibrate and just like it better.