Garrett Z-Lynk Pinpointer Question

Just a quick question on the Garrett AT pointers. Is there any value in getting the Z-Lynk version if you don't plan on getting a Garrett detector or the Garrett branded headphones? Like, is the zlynk ability proven to be any more useful these days in 2023 for other generic compatibilities to be worth the extra $20 on models, or no?

If it matters any, will be using a ML 700/900 or Nokta Legend with it. Have not gotten any headphones of any type yet.

Thank you!

If you never intend to buy any other Z-Lynk product it is pointless to get the Carrot with it, just get the standard one.   Z-Lynk is really cool though, so it might be worth considering, it's a great fast reliable wireless audio transmission technology I personally think is better than aptX Bluetooth Low Latency used by the Nokta Legend.  The Nox 700/900 uses a form of Bluetooth LE which is great, we just don't know yet if it's standard or stuck using their Minelab branded products, it's possible to encode the signal so only a certain brand of transmitter/receiver combination can pair, we are all just hoping they haven't done that.

Although in my case as an example I bought the XP-Mi4 Pinpointer thinking no way in the world would I ever buy an XP detector so I don't need the wireless version, and then I bought an XP detector so I'm kinda wishing I bought the XP Mi-6 Pinpointer with the wireless tech so I could connect them. 

The Garrett Pro Pointer AT is my favourite pinpointer.

I always use pinpointers in vibrate mode. They work that way with any detector, and keeps it simple. I do like the Pro-Pointer series. I have a Z-Lynk Carrot and never use it linked up. My main pinpointer is the regular AT version and I got the other for backup. I figured I might try the Z-Lynk feature but never get around to it. Bottom line for me at least is I don’t need audio at all on any pinpointer, and wireless audio even less. But I’ve tried lots of pinpointers and always come back to the Garrett. Loved my F-Pulse for a while but it just up and died on me, and with two Garrett’s in hand I doubt I’ll be needing anything else for a long time.

That said, for those that want it, a Garrett WT-1 transmitter box, WR-1 receiver box, MS3 headphones, and Z-Lynk AT Pro-Pointer will give you instant pairing high speed wireless, including integrated pinpointer, that will work on every detector you own.

• The title was changed to Garrett Z-Lynk Pinpointer Question

(First pinpointer in over 30 years)  I know how to pinpoint with the metal detector.   I had a White's TRX and liked it, Worked great for me. Only problem is I had radiation treatment on my neck and lost the hearing in my right ear.  I went with Steve H. optional use.   The Z-Lynk transmitter and MS-3 headphones with a Z-Lynk PP and the MXT.  Great to hear and great to be rid of the headphone wire.