New Rutus Detector Announced

The English language version of the Versa Users Manuel is now available to be downloaded on the Rutus website.

• 3 weeks later...

The day before yesterday, I received the Rutus VERSA...,, the detector is really solidly processed... and ergonomically very well made....

What's also good is that I have both available coils for it - an 11" standard coil and a smaller 23DD coil... so I can do testing and detection on both coils and compare their capabilities to each other...

IMG_20230721_074350.jpg

• Like 6

Excellent.

I see where two of the UK Rutus team members have received theirs also. I have been looking forward to this unit.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@EL NINO77 How is the Versa testing out? News has gone quiet.

I am particularly interested if there is an improvement in performance over the Atrex. The waterproofness, form factors etc... are nice but how do they compare in usable performance?

Please let us know your impressions.

• Like 1

I like the VERSA very well in practical detection, and I can find new targets in areas covered by other detectors...

the first practical test of VERSA was on Multifrequency in the Park program, which is sensitive to low conductive targets....

....the terrain was heavily traversed by ATREXw hit diferent coils , ORX and Equinox800 detectors... after about an hour of detection, VERSA unmasked the new target... the signal was both-sided, even with controls up to the cros of 90 degrees and good VDI from both sides..

I think that the Spanish Pedro II. hammered  silver coin from the year 1185 ... would be the strength of any detectorist ... because in this area it is extremely difficult to find another coin target ...

you can find here with luck a small piece of lead or bronze, but even a small coin target is super hard to find here... and unmask in iron....

after about another half hour ..I managed to unmask another very small silver target..

finding two silver targets in 2 hours of detection is a good start...

so VERSA in First Detection on Multifrequency met my expectations and found other interesting targets... and my, so to speak, natural but very demanding test field...

I will write about my second detection from VERSA.....

IMG_20230723_195714 (1).jpg

IMG_20230723_195655.jpg

IMG_20230728_012547.jpg

IMG_20230723_213753.jpg

• Like 8
  • Oh my! 1

That sounds very encouraging.  So perhaps there is some noticeable performance improvement over the Atrex. I look forward to reading more of your experience with the Versa.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

The UK distributor, Detecnicks Ltd. has the Versa available now. USA purchasers use their E Bay site to ship to the USA. The descriptions of the available packages are abbreviated so you have to compare the pricing to be sure. The higher priced ones include the accessory 9X8 DD coil.  Mine should be here in about 2 weeks.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

The Versa arrived today before Noon. 12 days from the UK to East Texas seems pretty quick to me. It is all on the charger to start exploring it tonight. I should be able to put some hours on it this weekend.

• Like 2

I AM curious about your experience with Rutus VERSA... ,,and if you have any questions about the setup, I will be happy to advise them...

New settings and improvements are coming to VERSA...so I will be interested in the work of VERSA on American soil...:wink:👍

• Like 2