New Rutus Detector Announced

Thank you for your support & input.  I have only had an hour or so in the test garden so far, mainly learning to navigate the UI and make some very basic adjustments.  I am happy to know Rutus is dedicated to ongoing improvements. I want it to be my most capable unit.   The only thing I have noticed so far is that when using the SR 1 headphones(very, very nice & comfortable), the detector volume is VERY loud above 10. I don't see how I could ever run at 25+ to take advantage of the Audio Gain feature. An adjustable AG, independent of master volume, (like on the Atrex) would be more useful. Volume adjustment of the SR 1 HPs would be a good feature also.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I can say that, the new software for VERSA will have an adjustable audio gain and many other significant improvements...some of the features of the new software/which is in tests/surprised me.

26 minutes ago, EL NINO77 said:

I think I can say that, the new software for VERSA will have an adjustable audio gain and many other significant improvements...some of the features of the new software/which is in tests/surprised me.

Any news on the software update for the Atrex?

I enquired of the UK dealer I purchased from about Software notification. He stated any update would be announced on Social media. Since I am not active on Facebook etc..., I guess I will just have to check the Rutus website periodically. Any news you could relay would be welcome.

7 hours ago, JCR said:

I enquired of the UK dealer I purchased from about Software notification. He stated any update would be announced on Social media. Since I am not active on Facebook etc..., I guess I will just have to check the Rutus website periodically. Any news you could relay would be welcome.

I am a member of the Rutus group, if I see anything I will let you know

10 hours ago, dave_e said:

Any news on the software update for the Atrex?

Dave .... I think that after the new software for VERSA, there will be new software for ATREX

• 1 month later...

Presentation of the New NC software 2.44 NC .. for the Rutus VERSA detector..
  New Software 2.44 NC...presented by the Chief Tester of Rutus detectors ...Artur Troncik .. "SAPER" ...and the designer and also the owner of the company Rutus ...Arkadiusz Rutyna .."RUTUS"

Thank you for posting the video AND with English sub titles. The improvements in the new NC software should make a noticeable difference in the performance & versatility of the Versa. It was already an impressive unit with V1.71, The added audio & settings adjustability are very welcome. The new features to better deal with mineralized soils are most welcome. I will update my unit ASAP.

5 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

Presentation of the New NC software 2.44 NC .. for the Rutus VERSA detector..
  New Software 2.44 NC...presented by the Chief Tester of Rutus detectors ...Artur Troncik .. "SAPER" ...and the designer and also the owner of the company Rutus ...Arkadiusz Rutyna .."RUTUS"

A couple of things stood out to me there, the owner of the business is also the designer of the detector, and uses detectors! No wonder Rutus is having such good success, management that know about detectors!  It's an exciting ride watching Rutus grow as a company, now they just need to expand their reach to more of the world.  They should contact dealers in other countries about selling their detectors.

30 years being involved with detectors and first building them himself in 2002 to sell as the Rutus brand, that's the kinda guy you want managing a metal detector company, not some big wig imported from another company with no knowledge at all about metal detectors making decisions about metal detection products.

I updated my unit soon after posting this morning with out any trouble at all. Very quick & smooth process using the detectors built in Wi Fi. After some chores I spent several hours in my test garden getting familiar with the new setting options. There is a lot there & I will be a little while getting wrapped around it & finding what is best for me & my different sites. It is obvious that the new software has taken the Versa to higher level of performance & adaptability. It's already high performance of unmasking in Iron is improved, the depth in moderately mineralized soil is improved some and the acquisition & depth on coin size targets in high mineral soil is very noticeably improved. I am very pleased and will be even more so when I better understand these new additions & get it really dialed in as needed.

Later this Afternoon, I was able to spend a couple of hours at one of my favorite Red dirt Relic sites. The first hour was spent over the test bed I have established there testing settings. The last hour or so was spent hunting thru the "medium" nail areas.   6 Non Ferrous targets. All small, all low-mid conductors. All missed a dozen times over by every machine I have had including the Versa running the previous version of software.  I'm going to get some of the Goat weeds mowed out of my way in the morning & find some good stuff that has been missed.