Week Long Hunt Day 3

Didn't think I'd get out today, but managed to when we got back from shopping. I was out for only 3 hours but did pretty good. Today the air quality was bad, you could hardly see the water from the campground due to all the smoke from the fires in Canada. Who'd have thought that would be blown all the way to North Carolina? Yikes.20230607_140833.thumb.jpg.d594bb8680b6c2000f065b17bf1ed871.jpg

Went back to the tent sites this evening, they photographed the bear last night but it wasn't around. Glad I had situational awareness from the WSA II headphones.

The forecast said rain this afternoon, but when i got back it had changed to none. Heh. $21 a year for one of the most "accurate" weather apps. It started raining as soon as I got out there. It wasn't coming through the trees so I stayed out. So did the deer flies. 🤬

Today I was using a program I started yesterday, one that @CPT_GhostLight inspired me to create. It's just a build on General again, still needs some tweaks but it's much better. 🙂

Didn't get too much trash today, and heard very little iron falsing. Turning on a target definitely made my decision not to dig.20230607_195230.thumb.jpg.89f9b8f9fa244dec52e30bedaf35700a.jpg

Tent stakes were on top of the ground. The ring is a large pipe cutoff, i think copper. It was a 97. The big disc is lead. And of course all the usual suspects below. Audio filter helped with larger can slaw and many pull tabs with that brassy sound. Even the shotgun shell heads were all very weird multi tones so I dug them out of curiosity. The object that says "SOTO" is a butane pocket torch with an extended torch head.

The 13" is my favorite coil these days, I've got used to its weight and love the great separation it has for such a large coil. Yeah it tends to droop a bit but It stays tight enough to not be annoying.

Here's the finds, 37 coins in 3 hours. Not bad at all. 🙂20230607_200731.thumb.jpg.2d40a9da7be8b5777c53cf57fe112c99.jpg

I really like that Zincolns are much lower tone and ID than memorials now, but I dug them anyway.

Nice haul, F350! I'd be intereted in seeing how your new Reaper ends up. I'm really getting to like General specially on damp ground, which is the only kind we have right now. I played with it again yesterday and it ran really well. I briefly played with the Audio Filter, but I couldn't decide if I liked it or not. 1-2 settings were interesting, but anything higher sounded weird to me so I went back to zero. I'll have to explore that some more.

You're the one that got me interested in General in the first place, so thanks again for the tips!

A good hunt. Sounds like your honing in on the new update.

9 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Nice haul, F350! I'd be intereted in seeing how your new Reaper ends up. I'm really getting to like General specially on damp ground, which is the only kind we have right now. I played with it again yesterday and it ran really well. I briefly played with the Audio Filter, but I couldn't decide if I liked it or not. 1-2 settings were interesting, but anything higher sounded weird to me so I went back to zero. I'll have to explore that some more.

You're the one that got me interested in General in the first place, so thanks again for the tips!

I just went back to scratch for the most part, took General again and applied Hi Square, full tones, bottle caps ended up at 4, and turned Audio Filter up and down to see how much it affected aluminum. I think everything else is stock. 🙂 I like the XY screen better than large ID.

At AF=5 aluminum gets the brassy tone, and sometimes even the up/down tone I used to get in V.71. I discussed this with Chase one day and we both thought AF was just a tone control and wouldn't affect much else. It works for me! There is a lot of can slaw in this place.

Notice I got coins of every denomination, and less pull tabs than nickels 🤔

9 minutes ago, JCR said:

A good hunt. Sounds like your honing in on the new update.

Thanks! It was a coin find every 5 minutes, not bad. I'm liking V1.1. at least 3 coin spills, one with 3 quarters. The IDs did not waver. 93.

10 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

The 13" is my favorite coil these days, I've got used to its weight and love the great separation it has for such a large coil. Yeah it tends to droop a bit but It stays tight enough to not be annoying.

Wow, that sky isn't nearly as blue as it was in your previous post F350. It's smokey up here in MA and you are 700 miles further south! Regarding the 13" coil, it obviously has a lot more coverage than the 9" in coil, and as you and others have said, it separates quite well, but have you seen a noticable gain in depth with that big coil over the 9"?

Lodge

1 hour ago, Lodge Scent said:

Wow, that sky isn't nearly as blue as it was in your previous post F350. It's smokey up here in MA and you are 700 miles further south! Regarding the 13" coil, it obviously has a lot more coverage than the 9" in coil, and as you and others have said, it separates quite well, but have you seen a noticable gain in depth with that big coil over the 9"?

Lodge

I haven't noticed a tremendous gain, but when I was at the last beach I had to dig 4 scoops just to get to pinpointer range, and that's way over 8". I still only find most targets even here in less than 8".

The big thing is coverage. Despite the extra weight (which isn't all that much), an area I cover with the 13" is covered. 😀 If i go back to it there's nothing but the junk I skipped. I have a lot of confidence in that. Like the 9" it has a wide field but even wider so you can follow down a blip from the edge. It's just a larger coil.

For finding stuff faster the 9" can't be beat except by a 10x5" elliptical. I'm finding I prefer elliptical coils overall. 🙂

Very nice F350! I’m studying low conductor targets AF in very mineralized soil. I’m working on a new program and I’ll share it here. Thanks for your report..