Week Long Relic Hunt Day 4 - Attack Of The Zincolns

Way to go!  Great finds, button, and cufflink.  Need to research that cufflink.  Hopefully someone on here knows something about that type — very interesting.

Hey we have trash just like that down here.  Must be that universal trash.  😂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks! 🤣 Absolutely no iron trash today. The tent stake was sight pick.

People have been complaining about falsing iron, I'm not having that issue with this program at all. Loving V1.1!

• Like 3

A good day indeed.

• Thanks 1

Great patina on the patent dated London Paris button.There are a whole lot of varients of those however I cannot recall ever seeing that particular example.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

Great patina on the patent dated London Paris button.There are a whole lot of varients of those however I cannot recall ever seeing that particular example.

Thanks Doc,

There is a high probability of finding unusual old stuff in some spots here, however I feel it was cherry picked for the easy stuff a long time ago. There should be all kinds of silver coins here, and I have not found 1. It hasn't been picked over since then, most of the clad is from the late 70s to now. I found many wheats and Indian heads, even one large cent where the road to the hunting lodge was. Last year I dug parts of a 1907 Jamestown Exposition medal here.

The tent sites are closer to the hunting lodge that was here in the 1800s to about 2015. It became a campground in the 70s and was bought by a large concern about 4 years ago. There is a tremendous amount of iron and other trash where the house and lodge were, some good stuff may be masked.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks Doc,

There is a high probability of finding unusual old stuff in some spots here, however I feel it was cherry picked for the easy stuff a long time ago. There should be all kinds of silver coins here, and I have not found 1. It hasn't been picked over since then, most of the clad is from the late 70s to now. I found many wheats and Indian heads, even one large cent where the road to the hunting lodge was. Last year I dug parts of a 1907 Jamestown Exposition medal here.

The tent sites are closer to the hunting lodge that was here in the 1800s to about 2015. It became a campground in the 70s and was bought by a large concern about 4 years ago. There is a tremendous amount of iron and other trash where the house and lodge were, some good stuff may be masked.

I'm envious 350.The button caught my eye because of its patina and the fact that I have found a lot of variants.That said you have a lot of very nice finds there.

• Like 2

Man, you killed it today, lots of great finds, congrats and well done! I'd say the Reaper 1.1 is doing the job alright. 😎

• Thanks 1

Very nice again! Love to follow your threads with your finds and photos!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Man, you killed it today, lots of great finds, congrats and well done! I'd say the Reaper 1.1 is doing the job alright. 😎

Thanks Cap'n,

More like digging 48 Zincolns almost killed me 🤣 It was easy though, most were right on top, and I had my trusty Devil's Tongue Park Probe with me.20230608_191756.thumb.jpg.0fe021a9ff328070577d8fa0740a8aae.jpg

It deserves an honorable mention, @kac really has a winner there. Leaving no trace is important both to me and the campground General Manager.

Looks like I've got it dialed in with this one. When I can turn the D2 on, noise cancel, ground balance and go it's a good sign. I'll probably just post the settings when I'm confident, but I liked sending it individually to those that requested the old Reaper to get feedback.

I'm going to strongly recommend use of Audio Filter. It really makes a difference with aluminum. My only fear is that I might miss some tokens, but round objects like the 1930 World Fair pull tabs I dug may suggest otherwise. 🧐 Good thing I dig most 62s because that got me the cufflink. It did not have the brassy tone so I was sure I had a nickel 😏 it's awesome when I'm wrong... Sometimes.

Zincolns come in at 84 for the most part, memorials popped as high as 94 today.

What I really love is that even with multiple targets in a particular spot like 2-3 quarters and a memorial or Zincoln, I still got 93-94 consistently. That is another gripe about SMF detectors, the averaging or cancelling - the D2 did not do it. The best example was pulling a memorial out of a bed of nails.

The old Relic Reaper would have been a bit trifling here, this new version is much more quiet. Iron is just a low buzz. 

• Like 3