If Toy Cars Were Gold I'd Be Rich... (update)

18 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks Mark,

We get what we get. Seems to be a decline in precious metal loss lately, no comment on why that would be. 🤔

I think the price of gold has everything to do with it. Those that have been in a jewelry store lately and experienced sticker shock are going to think twice about wearing that nice piece to the beach because they know how valuable it has become compared to 20 years ago.

I know I was surprised when I needed a different bail soldered on to my new Buccaneers battle flag pendant so it would fit my anchor link chain. The jeweler was checking to see if a bail he had would fit my chain and as an after thought threw the chain on his scale. He said "your chain's worth $$$$ now days". I was nicely shocked. I bought it off the jewelry channel on TV 25 years ago at $10 a gram for 14k!

• Like 1

...and how good they sound! I'm always wrong about 'big Silver piece'.

If they were Gold we would be millionaires!!!.

Here in Europe, in the tourist beach areas, what has been noticed is a significant decrease of coins. Nobody takes money to the beach now...

The same thing happens with jewelry, now everything is stainless steel.

What a rage when it shines in the scoop. And then comes the magnet test at home...

A disaster.

Still, from time to time, Bang!... Gold!.

😎

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StarVatrex said:

Here in Europe, in the tourist beach areas, what has been noticed is a significant decrease of coins. Nobody takes money to the beach now...

Coins are still pretty good here but you can find 50 of them and still not reach US $1. 🤣 one of my beaches gets replenished with sand from a very old place, so I get old coins sometimes. It also has a gambling house so sometimes visitors drop lucky coins. 🤣

I've probably found 5 tungsten rings at that same beach, one that was so gold it blinded me. Heavy too. 🤪

• Like 1

19 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Coins are still pretty good here 🤣🤣

I've probably found 5 tungsten rings at that same beach, one that was so gold it blinded me. Heavy too. 🤪

Tungsten rings...another classic!! 😁

This morning I went wading first thing in the morning. Yesterday was Sunday and the beach was full of donating tourists... The currency here does have value. And more than €2 coin!.

A Hotwheels came out! 😄

And a couple of silver rings, a silver earring too and Bang!...

A Gold earring '750', 18k. 1,4 grams. 

Here in Spain it is usual 14-18k. Very rare 9-10 and usually tourists from northern Europe where it is more common.

Those of us from the South are like that!...

It sounded bad and ugly, but in the water, it does sound; I dig it! 

The big circule Silver earring and Gold 'open' earrings are more difficult, they are second grade!🤣

Good sound and the audio cuts out, you have to swing slowly and listen well...

😎

IMG_20230731_085238.jpg

IMG_20230731_102029.jpg

IMG_20230731_102109.jpg

• Like 5

Hey 350 , I think I found the problem with that beach....

That water is too calm ! 

I think you found a small car parking lot though. Bet that kid whined about losing all those toys ! Maybe had a bucket full of them and didn't notice the fill level on the way out ? 

Paying to park varies according to how popular the beach is uptah camp.

Private parking at the most popular beaches is getting up to $20+ at the most used beaches. That city charges with meters on the street and of course you get to make the walk to feed the meter if you stay longer than the hour or two meter maximum time ,,,(they remove them all after Labor Day .🤑..)  But they also have lots about $5 less than private parking (about a mile from the action area of the beach ! ). The state parks are free parking but unless you're an over 65 resident ya gotta pay to get in ! Of course then you need permission from the rangers to detect....

So , how many hours were you there ?  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

So , how many hours were you there ? 

Typical run there is 6 hours for me. So, $12. You can stay the whole day for $21, but if you leave early no refund.

It's all done through an app, I don't try to feed the machines. They very often don't work.

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to If Toy Cars Were Gold I'd Be Rich... (update)

Headed up to that same beach again today for another 6 hours, found a new section that doesn't get detected as much, so it seems. Got two more toy cars, the Corvette is really old but can't tell if it's a red line, it's badly corroded but all die cast.20230731_070618.thumb.jpg.74902b88e80bc16af9582dfa0b0701ea.jpg

Got there really early but didn't need to, I was the only detectorist there all day.

48 coins, one junk earring and a nice Tree of Life pendant that may be gold.20230731_155213.thumb.jpg.190e16b1ab4b85cb262db42bfe992db9.jpg

The oval is a State Park penny smashed in a rolling machine. It was totally encrusted but I was able to get details, it's a park across the river about 30 miles south.20230731_204127.thumb.jpg.ffd97e5da1a67d2dc0655835873c932e.jpg

Forgot to include the trash, just a handful of bits.20230731_151537.thumb.jpg.8b1afe96826a9c0ae2d4aef5a55dfc5a.jpg

Older pull tabs are still fooling me from time to time, probably when I get bored not digging stuff for a bit. The new ones are pretty consistent.

• Like 6
  • Oh my! 1

2 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Nice interesting pendant. And it's in good shape.

Thanks, I'm leaning to plated because it isn't all that heavy and has no hallmarks. 🙂