New Wm09 Wireless For Manticore & Eqx 700/900?

jasong

Saw this WM09 coming down the pike, I'm out of the loop, not even sure what the WM08 was for, let alone this one. Maybe it's old news? Or for some entry level machine? Or the 08 needed some kind of upgrade like lower latency?

I know a lot of people can't hear the latency in BT headphones but I definitely can and it drives me crazy, so maybe just updating that?

But really, I just wanted to hope it means a new detector is coming. 😄

image.png.103f75ac073426aa38ac5a7387912544.png

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 1

It will be for the Manticore and Equinox 700/900, a lot of people complaining about the lack of a WM08 module for the Manticore and new Noxes especially now with their modified Bluetooth LE that only connects to Minelab headphones, this opens up a lot of possibilities.   Great news for those that liked that particular audio method on their Nox.

Thanks for the find Jason although I don't think enough people are seeing it in this part of the forum, generally this would encourage a lot of excitement.

No need to be excited about new detectors, they're a long way off according to the investor reports 🙂

• Like 4

That's good if its for the Manticore, et all. Because I really want a speaker on whatever new gold detector they come out with, and no external modules because it's just one more thing to keep track of and have to charge...easier to do in town then on an ATV and backcountry.

I just drove 800 miles to find out I forgot my WM12. Thankfully that wasn't the first time though, and I found a backup WM12 I bought last time I did this, shoved into a pocket in my ATV that I forgot I had too. 

I'd love to see a new gold detector, but man, after running that 22" CC, I don't know they can get much deeper than that. Really just want a GPZ+X Coils performance, except way lighter, better in salt, and way improved EMI performance. That'd be pretty much the last machine I'd really need, unless it was some automated drone type prospecting detector or something.

I also really want a set of normal, easy to wear glasses that overlays a track of exactly where I've walked onto the ground, so I can keep track of places I still need to detect when gridding. In salt flats where everything looks the same, too easy to miss big chunks of undetected ground. A little VR/augmented reality maybe. I looked into making a set of these myself, I think it's actually possible. But then I got sidetracked looking at adding a Coral.ai tensor unit to the RaspPi and processing all kinds of visual data, and then of course my project got too complicated and I set it all aside and forgot about it as I had 5 other ideas by then, as always, short attention span.

• Like 5

On 10/18/2023 at 12:02 PM, jasong said:

I'm out of the loop, not even sure what the WM08 was for,...

WM08 was exclusively for the Equinox 800 and 600.

On 10/19/2023 at 1:42 PM, jasong said:

That's good if its for the Manticore, et all. Because I really want a speaker on whatever new gold detector they come out with, and no external modules because it's just one more thing to keep track of and have to charge...easier to do in town then on an ATV and backcountry.

I'm assuming this WM09 still needs to be charged, just like the WM08.

I'm one of many who hopes this module will work with the Manticore.  It's probably going to cost us at least $100 (near the price of a top-of-the-line set of headphones) but although the ML105 headphones sound decent (unlike the ML80's that came with the Equinox), they suck at blocking out external noise.  I want to use my SunRay Pro Golds in the cool/cold weather and my Sony earbuds in the hot weather, just like I've done for 5 years with the Equinox 800 paired with the WM08.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2023 at 12:02 PM, jasong said:

Saw this WM09 coming down the pike, I'm out of the loop, not even sure what the WM08 was for, let alone this one. Maybe it's old news? Or for some entry level machine? Or the 08 needed some kind of upgrade like lower latency?

I know a lot of people can't hear the latency in BT headphones but I definitely can and it drives me crazy, so maybe just updating that?

But really, I just wanted to hope it means a new detector is coming. 😄

image.png.103f75ac073426aa38ac5a7387912544.png

Not seeing it listed on their website. Can I ask where this info came from ? Been a long time coming if accurate. Thanks for sharing. Mark

2 hours ago, markinswpa said:

Not seeing it listed on their website. Can I ask where this info came from ? Been a long time coming if accurate. Thanks for sharing. Mark

FCC authorization website. https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=Gh4QGgRuAVf99u4A1R1CNA%3D%3D&fcc_id=Z4C-0061

It's usually a few weeks or months after showing up at the FCC before a product is listed for sale.

• Like 2

Wow - did it finally came true?

Perhaps I should have been waiting a little bit longer with my D2 purchase 😬

• Haha 1