$600 Off The Axiom At Garrett Direct

Use code Holiday at garrett direct, and it gets you $600 of the axiom. For those looking to buy one, now may be a good time

Screenshot_20231215_213941_Chrome.jpg

That's a great deal! 

Garrett Direct was offering 20% off during their Black Friday sale. That put the Axiom at less than $3,200 with free shipping. However, that’s still double the price of a top tier VLF. Does a PI machine really cost that much more to manufacture?

12 hours ago, V3i/MXT Pro said:

Garrett Direct was offering 20% off during their Black Friday sale. That put the Axiom at less than $3,200 with free shipping. However, that’s still double the price of a top tier VLF. Does a PI machine really cost that much more to manufacture?

I don't know if PI machines really cost that much more to manufacture. Throw in the full design and software engineering........maybe.

That price you quoted is near the price I paid for my dealer demo Axiom.

At this point I would easily say Yes, the Axiom is twice the detector compared to a Manticore or Deus ll.

My only complaints with it are the wireless audio system, it’s not waterproof and the available coils are too buoyant for water use.

Otherwise, it’s one of the finest detectors whether VLF or PI that I have ever used. If the overall audio quality and comfort level of the proprietary MS3 headphones was better suited for long hours of whisper signal gold prospecting, I would rate the Axiom even higher.

It’s not a jumble of parts/ideas from other detectors that sort of go together aside from Z-Lynk and it looks, feels, operates and hunts like a premium level detector. The Minelab SDC 2300 has a similar unique build quality and so does the Whites V3i. Deus/Deus 2 have a premium build quality look about them but that shaft system although it is way cool, is seriously lacking and needs a complete carbon fiber redesign similar to the ones made by Steve Goss. And then there are the XP back of head  headphones...........

So a lot of thought went into the overall exterior design of the Axiom. Compare that to the GPX 6000 which to me, after owning 2 of them is definitely not a design/build type detector with complete vision in mind. Instead it and so many current mid to upper tier Minelabs are full of tech but are also full of a cut as many corners on the exterior build quality and ergonomics as possible attitude.

Then there is the reality from my experience that the Axiom really can detect at a dedicated gold prospecting VLF small target level and is also very capable of GPX 4000 to 5000 level larger target detecting including relics and beach detecting while actually weighing just a little over 4 lbs and that is a very well distributed 4 lbs.  

Super nice detector that is well worth $3200 US. 

11 hours ago, V3i/MXT Pro said:

Not in particular though if you look at a custom designed carbon fiber high capacity battery type detector like the Axiom it should be obvious it costs more to make than a pod on a stick. However it costs FAR more to design a new housing and hardware/software from ground up over several years, as was done with Axiom. Part of every detector sold must recoup that cost, plus ongoing facility and labor expense, marketing expense, etc. Direct manufacturing cost is only a small part of the puzzle with metal detectors and other products.