The Scorpion Nugget

That's cool, I'm pleased you put the little guy back.

Good work on the gold too.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, phrunt said:

little guy

That is a very big one Simon!  It would hurt very much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

That is a very big one Simon!  It would hurt very much.

I guess so would I, if I came smashing into your house with a pick in the middle of the night trying to steal your gold nugget! I'd probably be the unhappy recipient of a bullet for doing my hobby. It all comes down to perspective. 🙂

• Like 2

My buddy and I were down in that country about 10 miles north of Winnemucca 4 years ago. We were on a friend's claim, and we each dug out a full 4" long scorpion chasing nuggets. Until then, I had no idea there were scorpions that big in Nevada. Later, our friend was stung by a 1 1/2" one.He's from the middle east, and almost died from shock...LOL. We had to calm him down, and tell him there wasn't any real danger. We later ran into a bull snake, and he almost fainted from that encounter, too. There are REALLY nasty snakes and scorpions in the middle east, so his fear was justified, though he mostly grew up in Nevada.

Jim

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 1515Art said:

tasty nugget and next time you could always...DSC03015.thumb.JPG.843303f56e7bd8eeb794fa5e217f27a6.JPG

Hey Clark, hope you're doing well! Same ol', same ol' around here.

Jim

• Like 1

This time of year is fantastic, as long as the heavy rains or heavy snows have not saturated the soils.

Congratulations on the 🦂 nugget.  Yes I've seen 100+ a night when detecting at night out there in the summer when days are extremely to hot (late July- early September ). 

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

This time of year is fantastic, as long as the heavy rains or heavy snows have not saturated the soils.

Congratulations on the 🦂 nugget.  Yes I've seen 100+ a night when detecting at night out there in the summer when days are extremely to hot (late July- early September ). 

Desert over by Green River, WY is full of them too, Gerry. Provided you're below about 6,200'. Get above that, they start disappearing.

Jim

• Like 1