Remote Clip Continuous Fail

Skull diver

I have to admit, as much as I am loving this tool, there is something that sends my brain steaming.

After ditching the original clip and fitting an aftermarket piece with a top locking screw, I keep seeing the remote detach from the holder and hang on the antenna cable.

It's one thing when it happens on the road while I'm reaching the bay, quite another story when I'm submerged and bump the remote with my elbow as I leave the rod to dislodge boulders.

I found on Ebay a well-made remote holder with the whole support base and even a small tunnel for the antenna cable.

Have any of you used or use something similar?

Screenshot_2023-12-22-05-10-50-903_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-22-05-10-29-735_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-22-05-10-04-097_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

I'm sure diving with the Deus 2 can put greater stresses on the stock attachment, you would think a friction fit wasn't the best idea. 🧐 I doubt the engineers spent a lot of time underwater with it. 😠

I've seen that one, does it still snap into the frame or is it something better? I imagine there isn't anyone that has never had the remote pop off, and usually at the worst possible moment. 👍

59 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

I'm sure diving with the Deus 2 can put greater stresses on the stock attachment, you would think a friction fit wasn't the best idea. 🧐 I doubt the engineers spent a lot of time underwater with it. 😠

I've seen that one, does it still snap into the frame or is it something better? I imagine there isn't anyone that has never had the remote pop off, and usually at the worst possible moment. 👍

Exactly,

not only the stock clip allows the remote to jump off the shaft, but it is only thanks to the cable that you don't miss it when floating underwater to the surface.

The remote should be mounted with a bolt and secured to the shaft in a permanent way but this is a bit different from the original back side of the remote.

As for the item I found, I see that You just need the two screws like the original clip and after You just use the upper cap in case of removing the remote.

I could leave it there forever.

That's a good looking mount/case, S d!😎

I 3D printed up a case similar to that one to take on my beach trip in September but never used it. I generally use a "Top Locking" mount that has a nice tight fit to the remote and I also use a short lanyard fixed to the remote and upper shaft so if the mount breaks or the remote is knocked off, it doesn't get lost. I've only had one earlier version printed mount break so I reprinted at 100% infill with polycarbonate filament and no breakage so far (about 4 months) and the remote hasn't popped off either. 😏