AlgoForce E1500

22 minutes ago, Ndplumr said:

If they're already selling them, someone on this forum has to already have a test unit

Not in America, they're not selling them, they're in Australia only so far, and on Amazon Australia, not USA.  Phasetech an Australian dealer has them, and you can buy direct from Algoforce's website, but only in Australia.

So yep, someone from the forum has one for sure, Phasetech does 😛

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will have to see how the AlgoForce fares in the real world.......if Minelab were smart then they would have prepared for this event and maybe, just maybe have something actually ready to go. With all the easy gold mostly gone, a lot of people just aren't prepared to dump $10,000 on the "latest and greatest"........I wonder if Minelab sensed this mood?

As you say, Minelab probably didn't see this coming but they may have had contingencies in place for it?

Anyhow, just for fun.............I think Minelab will fight back with "something" under $3000 Aussie dollars.

26 minutes ago, phrunt said:

If they rush their SDC V3

I was thinking more along the lines of the "SD" series.......with a bit of advertising excitement......."The legend has returned"

"Big gold, small gold".........plenty of nostalgia. Minelab could easily challenge the AlgoForce price point if so desired.

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

Minelab will fight back with "something" under $3000 Aussie dollars.

When a company does the right thing, only when their hand is forced, isn't all that appealing to alot of people.

10 minutes ago, Ndplumr said:

When a company does the right thing, only when their hand is forced, isn't all that appealing to alot of people.

Agree completely....but that feeling can be soon forgotten if Minelab "knock something out of the park" in price and product.

Anyhow, I'm probably getting a bit ahead of the game here and will try and steer the subject back on track.

Why "Algoforce"........in name, it's already some Crypto monitoring website ???

Algo is short for Algorithm, Algorithm Force!  Maybe during his time with Minelab he was onto something, they didn't want to pursue it so he did it himself, 

The powers that be at Minelab have probably just notified all engineering staff of a substantial pay rise and a new employment agreement they have to sign to lock them in hoping they don't jet off and do the same or join him 🙂

Minelab: Employee Directory | ZoomInfo.com

His job at Minelab gives away he was involved with signal processing algorithms and perhaps the detector name is a dig at or a had to be there joke with someone else on the engineering team at Minelab 🙂  The only E1500 I know is the Celeron CPU (processor), I highly doubt it's using that.

The guy has an outstanding education.

Bachelor - North China Electric Power University

Master of Engineering - MEng, Electrical Engineering - North China Electric Power University

Doctor of Philosophy - Electrical and Electronics Engineering - Nanyang Technological University

9 hours ago, Northeast said:

Absolutely.  Even if a battery bank only lasts 3 hours that is fine. They are as cheap as chips, easy to swap over and easy to carry a couple of extras whilst recharging the used ones.  

It is interesting that Nenad is the dealer.  We would love to hear from you @PhaseTech  

10Ah power bank should be good for 13-14 hrs run time. 

I was really excited to see this new PI come to market and wanted one. But in all reality I don't see myself getting one. I already have 3 PI's that cover most of my basis for all types of situations from small gold to beach hunting to relic hunting. The people I see buying this are the VLF guys that look for small gold and want the boost a PI offers for a few more inches it should give in bad ground. Great to see some new companies entering the market. 

10 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

I should start by saying that unfortunately, FCC testing has not been done yet, so the product cannot be sold to the US at this point in time. But is available to NZ customers - so ignore my email Simon 

Looks like FCC testing takes about 8-12 weeks, so might not be too long before we see it in the US. IMO given the price these should sell like hotcakes once they are available.