AlgoForce E1500

14 minutes ago, phrunt said:

My ground balance numbers using the AGB never worked on my QED, they never really changed, I was told it was because my ground was mild, yet it didn't do anything much on a black sand beach either and certainly didn't balance, I just did it manually in all scenarios.  I found the numbers pretty pointless and not an indication of anything.

Sorry to hear that as it was not the case with the QED that I used. Anyway, I did not mean to take the discussion away from the Algoforce.

13 hours ago, jasong said:

I agree. I posted something similar with regards to how this discrim must be working earlier in the thread.

Oops. I guess I should have read all of the posts more carefully!

3 hours ago, BigSkyGuy said:

Oops. I guess I should have read all of the posts more carefully!

It was a fast moving thread, I missed a lot too as I was skimming through to try to catch up. Anyways, I got an email from Algoforce and he kinda confirms the general discrim concept which sounds at least roughly along the lines of what we were talking about. I'm sure he can only say so much since it's a commercial product, so it will be interesting to see how testing shows it working in terms of usefulness.

I checked out the inventor/owner's Linkedin and he has a lot of experience with signal processing and also machine learning (aka AI). Probably some interesting stuff under the hood crunching data. Interested to follow these guys and see what they do. 

It's pretty cool to see a detector company take interest in it's customers, and be that responsive. They seem genuinely interested in providing a good product and a good customer service experience.

I also emailed AlgoForce, and got a response in a day! Even with the inundation of emails, Alex seems to be on top of responding to them all! I had some questions on water resistance, and salt air intrusion! So he is aware of those of us who intend to use the detector for beach use, and our concerns! 

Definitely a fast moving thread, and a well kept secret, as far as it's introduction!👍👍

I doubt it will be long until these sorts of control box covers are made for it too.

17031021a_1800x1800.thumb.gif.6536b6e8b2a45b09e2419f637821f7c9.gif

I can imagine it's a full time job for Alex at the moment just replying to emails about the detector 🙂

2 hours ago, jasong said:

They seem genuinely interested in providing a good product and a good customer service experience.

Perhaps this is a beginning of a bigger story. The Algoforce might just be the entry point. If they are creating a top notch engineering platform, and it seems like that from the apparent talent that is on board, then this could lead into something much more substantial in the years to come. I sure hope so, and this might perhaps also significantly impact how ML, and others, will approach the market in the future. Competition is always a good thing! But so much will depend on the quality of the team that they will build, including BD, commercial, etc .Lets wish them luck.

GC

Wow this thing came out of nowhere. Looking forward to hearing how it goes as im wanting to get back into gold detecting again.

After following this thread on the Algoforce E1500 I got a bit excited and ordered one direct from their website. Turned up today. First impression was wow its tiny. Light as a feather and fits into a carry bag that's about the size of a shaving bag but twice as long. Very easy to assemble, sturdy and well made. Not sure about the coil connecting yoke on the end of the bottom shaft, different design altogether.  Time will tell I suppose. Bit disappointed with the smaller headphone jack, nothing a cheap adapter won't fix . I'll eventually rig up a wireless set up anyway so no big dramas there. Turned up a day earlier than expected so I'm now busy charging my powerbank and cleaning coils and connectors to test tomorrow morning. Got my 8x6" Sadie,  9" round coiltek elite, 12" round  nuggetfinder evolution , 14x9 " coiltek blitz and 11" minelab commander to test on it first up. A good mix of shapes, sizes, windings and brands . How good is it to have all these coil options again . Looks like a busy weekend ahead. Exciting times.🤞

13 minutes ago, Nedkelly said:

After following this thread on the Algoforce E1500 I got a bit excited and ordered one direct from their website. Turned up today.

That's great news, mines left Adeliade on its journey to NZ now! I am jealous.

All modern stuff like the Bluetooth transmitters use the smaller 3.5mm jacks so to me that's a bonus, but yea, easily fixed with an adapter, although I prefer something like a small 10cm male to female cord, that way less stress is on it than having an adapter and another plug hanging out.

I doubt many will plug headphones direct into it, rather having a Bluetooth LL transmitter connected to it and wireless headphones.  The biggest benefit to having no wireless built in is you just choose the wireless method you want, keeps the costs down on the production and detectors wireless versions become old and outdated so people end up wanting a transmitter on them anyway at some point, with the transmitters being so cheap and tiny it just makes sense.  Also easier to get past things like FCC testing with no wireless included.

You've got a good range of coils to get going with it.  I look forward to hearing how you go.

6 minutes ago, phrunt said:

That's great news, mines left Adeliade on its journey to NZ now!

All modern stuff like the Bluetooth transmitters use the smaller 3.5mm jacks so to me that's a bonus, but yea, easily fixed with an adapter, although I prefer something like a small 10cm cord, that way less stress is on it than having an adapter and another plug hanging out.

I doubt many will plug headphones direct into it, rather having a Bluetooth LL transmitter connected to it and wireless headphones.

You've got a good range of coils to get going with it.  I look forward to hearing how you 

Was hoping to plug my headphones in to see what the microphone bizzo does but that can wait.