Sand Scoop Recommendations

On 2/21/2024 at 2:53 PM, masslawman said:

Extreme sand scoops but the titanium

I would recommend the SS version with CF handle. They pull a lot of sand out and 14 inches long really hits deep.. I have 2 similar.. brand .. Stealth.. both are about 7 years old now. I did go with the one with smaller slots or holes on the bottom, which I do like better than the other with all reg holes. I've dug a lot of gold with these guys. My conditions are fairly mild with clay, small rocks, oyster beds.. shells.. and sand in the mix or all... No big rocks or rocks to pry. 

• Like 4

Nokta (Stainless Steel) Premium Sand Scoop..9 in opening, 7/16 holes, Handle is adjustable straight or tilted (you provide the handle). About $120.

The weight of a scoop is only one aspect for me.

Those big CKG titanium scoops might weigh less than my little SS T-Rex (👍 👍 ), but that much sand would cancel out the difference (and my elbows) quickly.  They really need to make a smaller one before I pay any attention......  

https://www.detectingadventure.com/trex-sand-scoops

GO Ring Daddy GO !

• The title was changed to Sand Scoop Recommendations

I heard rumors that Chuck is going to start making Stealth scoops again. Hope it's true as I've had no success in contacting the outfit in Ca that was the last manufacturer of them.

On 3/14/2024 at 10:42 AM, cudamark said:

I heard rumors that Chuck is going to start making Stealth scoops again. Hope it's true as I've had no success in contacting the outfit in Ca that was the last manufacturer of them.

Yes... Chuck has confirmed he is getting back into the scoop business.

From Chuck (Owl Engineering) himself on a different forum... "I am back with what I think is THE game changer of them all. My proto-types are done and will be testing them in Brasil starting next week. I expect the reveal to be this July or August."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2024 at 1:42 PM, cudamark said:

I have one of the Stealth scoops, the 720i and was trying to find some contact info for them. No luck either. Glad to now hear they are not gone forever. If I remember correctly... there is a lifetime warranty on that scoop from breakage but does not include wearing it out. I'm good with that!

The old warranty may no longer apply since the business has gone through several owners. I guess it will be up to Chuck if he will honor repairs/replacements on sales he didn't even make.

• Like 1