22 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

That's quite an opportunity VL, I hope you'll be bringing your gear (and picnic basket) with you on your world tour. Check the detecting laws for Norway and find yourself a hot spring to detect or something. 😀 And a couple snow bunnies to help ya dig. 😁

Sorry I will not be taking equipment with me to Norway, it will be to cold and I really don't want to have it slow me down. Should I get a chance to detect in one of those European countries I would be around there for a month, and I simply don't have that much time to spend there.

Now when I go to Australia  that might be another thing as I am hoping to have enough time to hit a couple of areas. 

Also I can't risk the snow bunnies as my girlfriend is going along.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Also I can't risk the snow bunnies as my girlfriend is going along.

oh-its-just-a-harmless-little-bunny-isnt-it-v0-lxwcprnarjqa1.thumb.jpg.dfa3d81f9ae71aa3da9f8425e593fbc2.jpg

Oh, it's just a harmless little bunny... 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hey , wait up ! I wanna play ! 

I scan Goodwill for pouches camera bags etc. 

The boots are clean cuz they're new (I went with insulated for long days walking in streams this year , OK anything over an hour...)! Note the ice spikes strap , You only need to fall in once ! 

The belt $4 ,plastic dig trowel $4 the Canon finds bag (has a zip section for the good 'uns) $2 , all from GW .The tools are in a HD electrician's tool bag.. $12 ? Also carry the spare PP cuz the ML 35 as we all know can get finniky . I lost my old Fiscars hori but the new  CORONA one  $20 is better even without the brand name !  The tool pouch rides on left hip and the finds bag is on the right just back behind the detector swing space.   I drag the shovel and a kneeling pad / + a 2'x2 'plastic sheet for quick and clean return of dug dirt. 

I have a few more bag/pouches for extra's as needed  (foo) but this is the basic everyday rig. I have a small bottle in my back pocket for that  beachy sand  dry mouth !  

IMG_20231222_110649.thumb.jpg.122b7e9fe3a2097ec4d16186e7d3df9e.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Hey , wait up ! I wanna play ! 

I scan Goodwill for pouches camera bags etc. 

The boots are clean cuz they're new (I went with insulated for long days walking in streams this year , OK anything over an hour...)! Note the ice spikes strap , You only need to fall in once ! 

The belt $4 ,plastic dig trowel $4 the Canon finds bag (has a zip section for the good 'uns) $2 , all from GW .The tools are in a HD electrician's tool bag.. $12 ? Also carry the spare PP cuz the ML 35 as we all know can get finniky . I lost my old Fiscars hori but the new  CORONA one  $20 is better even without the brand name !  The tool pouch rides on left hip and the finds bag is on the right just back behind the detector swing space.   I drag the shovel and a kneeling pad / + a 2'x2 'plastic sheet for quick and clean return of dug dirt. 

I have a few more bag/pouches for extra's as needed  (foo) but this is the basic everyday rig. I have a small bottle in my back pocket for that  beachy sand  dry mouth !  

IMG_20231222_110649.thumb.jpg.122b7e9fe3a2097ec4d16186e7d3df9e.jpg

That's keeping it simple and affordable RVP. 👍

• Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 8:04 PM, F350Platinum said:

Haha, I clean all my stuff after every hunt but also I've only just finished putting all that together. I've only done about 4 hunts with my gear so far. 🤫

You guys are killing me with the clean gear 😄 Are you sure you guys actually metal detect?🤔 My gear looks like I put it through a shredder and duct taped it back together. My wife sews me new pouches to put on my belt about every 1 or 2 years. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

You guys are killing me with the clean gear 😄 Are you sure you guys actually metal detect?🤔 My gear looks like I put it through a shredder and duct taped it back together. My wife sews me new pouches to put on my belt about every 1 or 2 years. 

I think it's just Military Discipline, I have shovels that I've used for over 25 years that still look new. 😀

While I did just put all that together, I brush it all off and blow all the dirt out after every hunt. 😎 I rinse everything off, and spray my shovel with WD-40.

• Like 2

SOHNox

350 just made me look bad like you do .😩 

My story is much easier ! I just clean off the detector and pointer with a baby wipe or two. Those things will take off 90w gear oil and bondo , even partially cured f-glass so a little dirt is p o cake easy. 👍  The cam bags are $2 ($1.60 on tuesday!) Cleaning off the targets is the hard part for me !  

The boots , not so much. While I do rinse them off near shore in a tidal pool after the flats before tossing in the trunk . I just stomp a bit before going inside the rig otherwise ....real easy during winter just kick the step . 

I DO rinse the T Rex off once in a while. Rubber coated gloves just get rotated out , or replaced when they get religious enough.  

Ask me what I do with the guitar though and all bets are off !  

🙃

• Like 2

23 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I think it's just Military Discipline, I have shovels that I've used for over 25 years that still look new. 😀

While I did just put all that together, I brush it all off and blow all the dirt out after every hunt. 😎 I rinse everything off, and spray my shovel with WD-40.

WD 40 too? 😮 Now I have to up my game. 😔 I may have to actually rinse off some of my stuff.... partially anyways 😄

14 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

SOHNox

350 just made me look bad like you do .😩 

My story is much easier ! I just clean off the detector and pointer with a baby wipe or two. Those things will take off 90w gear oil and bondo , even partially cured f-glass so a little dirt is p o cake easy. 👍  The cam bags are $2 ($1.60 on tuesday!) Cleaning off the targets is the hard part for me !  

The boots , not so much. While I do rinse them off near shore in a tidal pool after the flats before tossing in the trunk . I just stomp a bit before going inside the rig otherwise ....real easy during winter just kick the step . 

I DO rinse the T Rex off once in a while. Rubber coated gloves just get rotated out , or replaced when they get religious enough.  

Ask me what I do with the guitar though and all bets are off !  

🙃

That 350 guy makes us both look bad. 😠 But that's the guy you want to buy from when he sells his gear 🙂 So exactly what do you do with that guitar anyways 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 2