Sunny And Hot In Yuma

Condor

Steve,

Good gold.  It was a little cooler up this way yesterday.  It was 48 in the morning and only got into the high 70's around Barstow.  There was a little breeze so it was a perfect day to detect from 7-5 with only a break for a couple of drinks. (4.3g)

I will have to send my 7000 off soon because there is a line developing in the screen but it still works.

My hipstick bungee is wrapped under my screen on both my 3030 (17" coil) and the 7000.  The balance is very good with the old 5000 soft cloth support belt/pack.  It lets me hunt for hours if I am going low and slow or walking fast looking for the biguns.

Mitchel

Anyone know once you've already replaced one GPZ 7000 if you can ever replace the new one? I don't remember how long the warranty is (two or three years?) but is that basically how long you're covered starting from the initial purchase? Or does your warranty start over with the new replacement unit? I'm on my second one now and considering how I like to prospect and how this "new generation" of Minelabs are being built based on the CTX I'm a little concerned about its longevity.

The more I think about it the more I like how everything is just in one small box on the GPX, there really isn't too much to damage on it. They really hit a home run on the design of that detector. Just another reason to consider sticking with your GPX or possibly going back to one from a GPZ. Sooo much lighter too :unsure:

Condor,

The perfect setup, to swing the GPZ is very important to your psychological, physical & mental awareness.  Don't even toss the heat factor into a place with no trees!  Sounds like your well on your way to the perfect rig!  No need walking past old patches low & slow will get them to bite.  Black Widows are my Favorite headphones...they cover my big ears and toon the rest of the world out, so all you hear is the sound of the dirt.  Once you have everything dialed in and are comfy, you become one with your metal detector.  Keep adding to your poke, until the next hunt.

LuckyLundy