That is great on the finds once again and glad to see you save some more history.

Good luck on your next outing and as always stay safe out there.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

That is great on the finds once again and glad to see you save some more history.

Good luck on your next outing and as always stay safe out there.

Thanks VL, relic season is almost over, maybe a couple more weeks but I have to start yard work and getting my RV ready for beach season. I'll miss the quiet of hunting the fields. We have no parks in this area that can be legally hunted so I won't be getting out as much. This has been my best relic season ever.

The problem with people at the beach is people at the beach. 😏

• Like 3

Nice hunt. It is fun to speculate & try to figure out why a "hot spot" would be where it is in a now wide open empty space.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JCR said:

Nice hunt. It is fun to speculate & try to figure out why a "hot spot" would be where it is in a now wide open empty space.

Thanks JCR,

Since we didn't find any coins we think it might have been a gathering spot for barter. I've found spots like this in other farms here, lots of buttons and animal tack but no money.

There was an old house back in the woods, there was a road going to it that I walked using Caltopo, but there was nothing but iron. The house site is very difficult to get to, and right on a ravine that drops off precipitously, I'm never comfortable around those. 😬 There is nothing in the field near the house site.

Much later another house was built, and an old machine shop and post office is there in ruins, somewhat famous in its own right. The later house is gone and replaced by a current one, and sadly lots of the topsoil has been scraped to the edges of the ravines to slow erosion.

I guess we'll have to look around the edges a bit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ColonelDan said:

Glad to see your Relic program treated you so well!  👏🏻🫡

Thanks Colonel,

I ran sensitivity and audio response high with reactivity low. Goes really deep. Really great in relatively clean areas, but prone to false on forged iron. It holds ID down to no signal.

• Like 2

Super copper trade piece Bob. Or who knows possibly an ancient Indian made artifact that predates the other finds by many years?Gotta love that relic program! It's been pretty much exclusive for me the last few months. I use it until I get plumb worn out or when it's not practical then I switch over too fast and cruise along.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2024 at 10:33 PM, Doc Bach said:

Super copper trade piece Bob. Or who knows possibly an ancient Indian made artifact that predates the other finds by many years?Gotta love that relic program! It's been pretty much exclusive for me the last few months. I use it until I get plumb worn out or it's not practical then I switch over too fast and cruise along.

Thanks Doc,

A lot of people use fast, I tried one version of it but they blanked out iron, which while relic hunting is useless to me. I'll have to mess with it some. 🤔 

I like the Tekkna program and am excited to see what they will do for it with beach hunting, but it is specialized and too soft in the clean places. I use it to get a break from the harshness of Relic. 🙂

Relic makes a distinctive sound when passing over something good, even with low reactivity. With the 13" coil battery it lasts all day, I don't think it was as good in versions before V2.

I rarely find Indian stuff, here they didn't use copper before the settlers arrived unlike some lucky hunters out west. I hear many tales of arrowheads everywhere but have yet to find one of them either. 🫤

• Like 3

You've collected so many permissions it boggles the mind.🤯

You can actually cherry pick the locations instead of just the targets..👍  

• Like 2