Curiosity - What Is The Oldest Item You Have Ever Found?

My oldest find thus far is a Celtic 'Whaddon Chase' gold stater from about 55BC that i found about 6 years back with my trusty old T2 with the 5'' coil on,only down about 5 inches but gave a lovely banging signal.

For me, it's probably quite similar to Rick's,,, I found staters from the period 100-200 years before our era.. the last one from Rutus Atrex on 4.75" on a concentric coil..IMG_20221107_011412.thumb.jpg.cec42cc75cc1d742e4e5fe73a26fd7ff.jpg

Gold nuggets, they are potentially millions of years old 

Andrew...you made a good move with the nuggets....but I also have another one well Ace...And it's a meteorite.:wink:

meteorite Spain.jpg

Yes I've found a few of those too.

Steve ....this bronze ax shape is really a very old pattern for axes that were made 3500 years ago...

https://www.lovecpokladu.cz/home/pri-klubove-detektorove-akci-objevil-nejstarsi-medenou-sekeru-v-polsku-9741

Well, I was getting ready to brag about my worn out Spanish half reale, but then I saw Steve's post with a 3500 y/o find. Makes mine seem brand new by comparison. 🤣

Amazing find Steve!

Steve,amazing find that BA Palstave,some of them come out the ground after say 3000+ years and still as sharp as the day they got buried,some also come out the ground with amazing Patination but one thing that needs watching is Bronze disease which can start corroding the actual bronze away and destroying the Bronze item,so it has to be specially treated by a skilled person.