2 hours ago, Gold Seeker said:

If there was alcohol being served at the anniversary party that could explain the little opened box and the missing items!! LOL

Thats a possibility LOL, Alcohol and work usually does not mix very well LOL

well I spoke to Rita at Garrett this morning and told her parts were missing from my order again

(and no I did not get nasty with Rita) not her fault LOL, she did ask me what I meant by again so I told her, that I have placed three different orders through Garrett Direct and each time I had to call in to get things sent that it plainly states are included so she looked up my past and current orders, and said she was taking notes and that they would send me the missing accessories for the transmitter, we exchanged pleasantries and hung up the phone, fast forward a few hours latter and I receive an Email from Bob Richardson Director of US consumer Sales with a heart felt apology.

Bob stated in the email that he is going to bring up my issues with the shipping department and use it as a training opportunity, for their shipping department, I honestly believe that Bob is going to do as he stated and things may get corrected in the shipping department of Garrett Direct, he also stated they do not receive many calls with complaints about missing items in orders, and stated Garrett will get them corrected so it does not happen again, he also stated that they shipped my missing accessories out and threw in a couple of items to thank me for bringing this issue to their attention.

I was pleasantly surprised at receiving that email from Bob Richardson, very good customer service on Garrett's part reaching out like Bob did 

Thank you to Bob Richardson and Rita as well as Garrett  

That's the ticket, you did the right thing, they did the right thing, exactly as I expected from a business like Garrett, top notch handling by both you and Garrett and I'm sure if it was a problem in the past for people, it won't be now.  Problem solved!   Great to see Rita passed the information onto someone higher up.  

You did make her sticky note collection bigger though, at least it wasn't Mary's, hers is big enough. 🙂

Best outcome possible.  10 out of 10.

I like putting faces to names so here is Rita.

Rita.thumb.jpg.d8119618a46ada726f25caf8a7b3a722.jpg

Bob didn't appear in their 60th video, or if he did he went incognito and didn't get a direct interview.

Good on you Rita, job well done, and your sticky note collection is nothing like Marys 🙂

Glad to hear that Garrett took care of your problem, DSmith. 

Customer service used to be great at Garrett, but things appear to have changed over the last few years. I had an AT Max that went back to the company to deal with a sticky on/off button. Admittedly, it was out of warranty, so I was expecting to pay for an inspection/repair.

When the machine arrived at Garrett, they told me that they "discovered" a problem with the coil and that it would need to be replaced to the tune of nearly $200. It was fishy since there was no problem at all with the coil prior to me shipping it, and Garrett wasn't clear about what the issue exactly was. 

Maybe, like everything else, I should've complained more to get a better result. But I paid up just to get it over with. The whole thing turned me off Garrett.