Minelab Pro-find 35 Users... Any Problems?

You can pick up an F-Purse for $100 at the Fisher Ebay Firesale, just offer 90 and they'll come back at 100 🙂  Being a PI it's good for the baech more so than the VLF's

The XP-Mi4 is good but a bit lacking in depth, strange you had bad luck with the Carrot AT, it's a great pinpointer.

The Pro-Find 35 needs discontinued now the 40 is out, I hope they're just selling off the stock of it already made but I'm guessing they just want to milk it by having another model in the line-up that will gather up the sales being a new model, the 40 fixes the 35's problems to a large degree although not perfectly.  A customer focused business would have just made the 40 the 35 and any warranty returns of old 35's would be given the new 35's with the problems resolved.  

5 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

I probably should have asked this question before I ordered the pin pointer. 🤔 Anyway, I was reading the other thread about using a pin pointer at the beach, and it got me interested in giving it a try.

I have tried the Garrett carrot with no success. I got two lemons that would either not turn on at all or would just vibrate away as soon as I turn them on. Returned both after new batteries did not fix the problem.

So I thought about the Fisher F Pulse and then started checking prices for others. I saw that the Pro-Find 35 was $99 as opposed to the Pro-Find 40 which is $150. I saw the only difference seemed to be the 40 had a 10% increase in depth. The F-Pulse is $120. Wound up just hitting the "Buy Now" button on the Pro-Find 35.

Did I screw up? Anybody have problems with this unit?

Thanks......

For the beach a PI pinpointer such as...Nokta Pulsedive pinpointer and Fisher F-Pulse...work better.

The Pulsedive is going for about $100.

Seems Fisher is having a sale on Ebay.  Use the...make an offer...button.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134990097325?epid=3014740762&itmmeta=01HVEY6YRRQEBBN0DESBPN1ZPF&hash=item1f6e096bad:g:Zz8AAOSw~FRl~tGk

Thanks guys......if it doesn't work good at the beach for my intended purpose, I'll return yet another pin pointer and look at the Fisher. I don't intend to use it to search holes or pin point a shallow target. (I don't like bending/kneeling down any more than I have to... 😆) I just want one to identify a small target that is already out of the hole in maybe a handful of sand that I simply can't find. Drives me nuts.

16 minutes ago, TampaBayBrad said:

I don't intend to use it to search holes or pin point a shallow target. (I don't like bending/kneeling down any more than I have to... 😆) I just want one to identify a small target that is already out of the hole in maybe a handful of sand that I simply can't find. Drives me nuts.

In that case, don't worry about it being a PI.  

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

You can pick up an F-Purse for $100 at the Fisher Ebay Firesale, just offer 90 and they'll come back at 100 🙂 

And if you offer $110, they'll accept right away...

Wish I would have waited to read some of these Fisher firesale posts -- I could have saved myself ten bucks!

Anyways, the F-Pulse is a good one. A bit chatty in general and often needs to be ground balanced (which I was prepared for, thanks to this forum), but a good inch or two deeper than the Garret Carrot or the Nokta AccuPoint on coin-sized targets. I'm liking it when using the MXT Pro with the big 18x4 Detech Arrow for quickly pinpointing shallow drops with a quick surface probe.

While the Carrot has a little more depth than the Accupoint, the Accupoint gets my vote for having distinct ferrous/non-ferrous signals, and it's ability to pair easily with my Legend. The Accupoint is also more sensitive on small gold, which @Jeff McClendon pointed out on a different thread -- it'll actually pick up a chunky flake at 1/16",which neither the F-Pulse nor the Carrot will register even pressed against the tip or side. The Accupoint does false a bit (much like the F-Pulse) and especially in certain kinds of EMI.

Can't go wrong with any of those three pinpointers, frankly.

50 minutes ago, glacialgold said:

The Accupoint is also more sensitive on small gold,

Thanks for your input. I don't prospect (wish I was in a gold area!) but small items sometimes make me wonder what I walked away from when I give up trying to find them. I'll see how the Accupoint does on my dinky rivet heads and 1/16th ounce split shot sinkers. 😆

I guess the high frequency of the Accupoint makes it much more sensitive to tiny targets, and less sensitive to coin sized objects. That could come in handy with tiny targets that lower frequency pinpointers either miss or the targets have to be touching the pinpointer. I've gotten plenty of those tiny targets, in which the pinpointer wouldn't pick up. I had to grab clumps of dirt, and run them across the coil like some archaic chump! lol

• The title was changed to Minelab Pro-find 35 Users... Any Problems?