New 10x6" X-coil For The Algoforce / Legacy GPX Series

I just received my new weapon, a 10x6" coil for the Algoforce, and of course the GPX.  

I haven't weighed it yet, I'd have to take it off to do that and just put it on not long ago so I'll get to that at some point, all I know is its light, and on the light detector like the Algoforce feels like it weighs nothing, at least compared to detectors I'm more used to swinging.

IMG_1777.thumb.jpg.3d9e3325d6369f0aa25d13f5e1826cb3.jpg

IMG_1778.thumb.jpg.b4956f4dc4bc3ab993b0099d47b45256.jpg

X-coils have certainly improved their coil cables a lot on these newer GPX coils over the old ones, the cable feels very nice.  They make their own custom cables for their coils rather than using existing cables from the market as they like to do different shielding methods in the cable.  

IMG_1779.thumb.jpg.85dbf16fe98f772826600603cee4d2b3.jpg

As you can see, it calibrates fine.  I haven't renamed the slot it's in yet, I just used the end slot as I use that slot for coils I don't regularly use for testing.  I will end up using the 12x8" slot for it.

IMG_1781.thumb.jpg.9c4c34141a142f17102570a0fd59f2b4.jpg

I tested on a deep coin I've got in my yard, no problems getting the ID on it, sensitivity was on 24 out of 30, pretty stable on that setting, so the smaller coils helping nicely with EMI.  

IMG_1782.thumb.jpg.de4b13f14d242524cb5d49843997d5e3.jpg

I wound the sensitivity back to 20 and still getting the ID fine, that's pretty good for a 10x6" coil on such a deep coin, well ahead of a VLF with a 10x5" coil or 6" round coil for sure on the results there.  The coin is somewhere between 25 and 30 cm deep and has been there for many years now.

I tested on shot pellets, a lead 7 1/2 is as small as it will hit, and hits a #6 lead with a nice scream and over an inch depth.  Perhaps slightly behind the 10" full spiral X-coil on tiny targets, but not by all that much.   I'll have to compare it to my Coiltek 10x5" Joey being the closest coil I've got to this 10x6" in size.

All in all, looking good, I hope they end up re-releasing Legacy GPX coils now the Algoforce is out.  Please note they don't sell this coil, or any other legacy GPX coil, but it's promising to see them developing new test coils and I hope they make it to market at some point.

• The title was changed to New 10x6" X-coil For The Algoforce/legacy GPX Series.

Thank for sharing Simon, looks like a Winner for sure especially If it can beat the Coiltek 10x5” Joey.

Was this a semi-spiral or bundle wound version?

Now the Algoforce is out it seems like the market is going to be strong for this size coil for sure. I’d buy one right now.

19 minutes ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

Thank for sharing Simon, looks like a Winner for sure especially If it can beat the Coiltek 10x5” Joey.

Was this a semi-spiral or bundle wound version?

Now the Algoforce is out it seems like the market is going to be strong for this size coil for sure. I’d buy one right now.

I'm not sure about the windings at this stage, I'll have to find out.  It can only either be semi-spiral or bundle as you know, it has good sensitivity though.   I'll have to compare it to the Sadie, that would be a good indication too, if it's more sensitive than that it just can't be bundle.

• The title was changed to New 10x6" X-coil For The Algoforce / Legacy GPX Series