What Nugget Coils Are Your Most Used / Favorites?

1 minute ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

Looks like a selection of coils that I would think would cover almost most any target at any depth or size possible with a detector. I might have to rethink things a bit.

These still available from X-coils?

Yes, my favourite coil selection was based upon giving me the best chance in any situation.

Sadly X-coils no longer make any GPX coils, although they're considering it again since the Algoforce came out, and if the Nokta uses GPX coils that would really seal the deal, but it probably won't.   I have a few of their GPX coils but the 10" is without a doubt the standout to me.

Gpx5000 - 19" Evo, 15" Evo, 12"x8" Evo

Manticore - M8, M15

• The title was changed to What Nugget Coils Are Your Most Used / Favorites?

My favorite detector/coil setup by far is the GPZ with X-Coils 8” - I’ve found many ounces with that little coil. It hits on the tiniest pieces at good depth, but also goes surprisingly deep on larger nuggets. I mostly hunt rocky terrain where the bigger coils I’ve got aren’t maneuverable enough, so they don’t get much of a look in.

7000 - 15" CC X Coil

6000 - 11" OEM

GB2 - 6" elliptical OEM

Those 3 coils hardly ever leave any of these detectors now, they suit my prospecting style perfectly. I use the 6000 almost entirely for exploration and thus I prefer the OEM over the smaller Coilteks for ground coverage and depth purposes. It was a hard call between the 15" and 17" CC's, but in the end I realized the times I was glad for a less weight and more mobility were more than the times I was glad for a little more depth, especially as I started working steeper ground. 

Gpx 6000 hands down the 12x7 nugget finder. Heading into my 6th ounce and a few hundred nuggets since I got it. 
Modded GpX 5000 is probably gonna be the NF 15" evo,  but Im hearing crazy good stories coming from down under with the 12"round evo so it may take over with more use. 

X12"Spiral  7K 

Goldhawk 10x5" 6K 

CT11" SDC

Evo12" E-1500                                                                      

Age Related Me😉

For general use  I like an elliptical coil of similar size of the manufactures standard coil size. (May be they did their home work) 😁 

6000 - 10x5 Coiltek for creeks. My daughter pulled this piece from a crevice today. Due to the crevice shape, no other coil that I own would have been able to get into the narrow opening to hear it.

IMG_7829.thumb.jpeg.a105d0c3cb84eec6ea2fd091523145f9.jpeg
The Nuggetfinder 12x7 is a bit better on depth range and is very sensitive. It would come down to location and gold depth before deciding which coil would be most suitable.

7000 - 12” Z Search. Sensitive on really small gold close to the coil and punches deep for larger targets. Found this piece today in a deep crevice only 1/4”  wide under about 6” of river gravel. The 6000 only heard it when the gravel was removed. The rock had to be broken to access the gold.

IMG_7827.thumb.jpeg.2fe24a25f67883b524370590d5f56c0a.jpeg

A small piece was also pinged from another open crevice that was full of gravel. It was too deep for the 6000 with the 10x5 to hear. The stock 11” coil may have picked it up but I’ll never know for sure. 

IMG_7828.thumb.jpeg.708e90ec683fc19b680d831fe30f31f5.jpeg