GPZ 7000 Update Gold

Got out to the hills for a couple hours today to have a play with the new software update on the GPZ 7000.  Straightaway went to a spot that has variable hot ground that is noisy in the Normal Ground Type setting. The new Ground Smoothing with the Locate Patch option selected almost completely eliminated the ground noise, while still retaining really good sensitivity. It wasn't long before the first target revealed itself with a crisp, obvious response. Only an inch or so into the weathered quartzite bedrock, out popped a small, thin nugget:IMG_0889.thumb.JPG.1bb08c827586e13ff1bab22ae07a9ee7.JPG

IMG_0890.thumb.JPG.ebf3b651f504e228c984bd06c811af73.JPG

Next I hit a patch of variable ground that was really noisy; in fact it proved to be too noisy even in Locate Patch, so I turned the Ground Smoothing off and switched the Ground Type from Normal to Difficult, increasing the Sensitivity to compensate. The noisy ground completely disappeared, and within a few swings I had a nice solid target. Three inches down was a chunky, ragged little piece of gold:

IMG_0891.thumb.JPG.a71de04417b68cbc5f7e67a4d14da771.JPG

IMG_0892.thumb.JPG.99a12cb8fbfedda6522e4581865f5e9b.JPG

The new Semi-Auto Ground Balance Mode didn't seem to have much effect in the variable ground that I was hunting. Since this Mode fixes the X-balance, I assume it's meant more for uniformly hot mineralized ground types.

The new Salty Soil Ground Smoothing mode was very chattery, even at low sensitivity levels and with Audio Smoothing set to High, so it's very susceptible to EMI, but to be fair I was in close proximity to power lines.

All in all, a great update that provides more tools for the GPZ 7000 toolbox.

Thanks Lunk.  Always a treat to read and see your reports.

Mitchel