Yanks Do It Right In Oz

For those that don't know, we have a permit system here in Western Australia that lets fossickers access your large exploration tenements to metal detect for gold.

Honestly I have never really liked the system because it basically lets the department sub let my lease, and no one ever fills out the form where they are obligated to tell you where the finds were ( Its very hard to find nugget patches if all the surface gold is gone).

I have had over 50 people camped on that lease this year and not a single one has returned the form to notify of finds despite dig holes everywhere.  

Except 1 , I received a form back today from a couple of yanks , I think they were from Nevada.  Reported all there finds with weights and coordinates, with a thank you note.  Now that's how it should be done!  

I think the other 48 Aussies who were there could definitely learn a few things from the only 2 honest blokes out there.

If they are members here or anyone knows a couple of Nevadans that were over here let them know they are more then welcome to come back with free access to all my tenements.

• 2 weeks later...

"I think the other 48 Aussies who were there could definitely learn a few things"

My be they found none........but they need to fill in their hole.:rolleyes:

You must do a report at the end of the 3 months and send a copy to both the leaseholder and the DMP, with the amount and EXACT location (GPS points) of any minerals recovered, even if you don't find anything you must do a Nil report. Failure to do so could result in a fine up to $5000, and/or the DMP can Bar you from further 40Es for 3 years. even if its only 1 bit and 0.0002 grams, as your one bit might not be much but if the other 120 people who had a 40E over the same bit of ground also only found a couple of small bits and report it when the leaseholder puts it all on a chart plot they may find that one particular area has a high concentration of gold and therefore worth further investigation