Rye Patch - The Party Hunt

We had a club outing at Rye Patch!  Even our little group showed up in in force to see if we could pickup where Rudy and I, left of the week before.  Our little group of detectorist have dozens of nugget finding spots in Rye Patch.  Some with names we give them, so we can keep track of where we are located with the use of our radios.  It’s kind of like Fishing, if they aren’t bitting at one spot maybe somebody at another location will sound off to come their way.  Jack Rabbit, 4-Corners, October and Crossroads or some examples of where we might find the nuggets wanting to end up in our pokes.  This trip, we had a few guest Club members, with us on each day.  Some needed a few pointers with their settings and others only needed a pointy finger!  As usual, October is a transitional Month for the North Western Seasonal change.  Cold, Windy, smoke one day blew in from Northern California Fires making me think there was a local fire very close by.  With extreme dry conditions with the wind, it made metal detecting difficult with static EMI’s.  But, we fought thru Mother Nature elements and she rewarded us for the effort.  This Tail Gate photo, was one day we had a late lunch cooking up a couple dozen brats. Only 6 pokes in the photo, as everyone else was hunting different location...just more Brats for us to eat, lol.  We had a great time with our hobby and enjoying each other’s company!  Just wish I could have ended up with the total Party’s Tail Gate photo with everyone’s  pokes on it...maybe next time!  Rye Patch still has nuggets to find and it continues to produce smiling faces.  Until the next hunt

LuckyLundy

4CDC370F-3750-4EAF-B433-29C37F62D55F.jpeg

Nice gold, Rick! Too cold for me there recently...my toy hauler is in the shop, and sleeping in my uninsulated cargo trailer doesn't sound like fun when it dips into the teens/20's at night....brrrr! 

Peg, it was a little chilly during the eve’s!  During the day, it would have been great without the wind chill.  Someone pointed out a little Jeep riding around the desert with a couple of your friends.  I couldn’t get close enough to call them over to follow us.  Of course our Motley Crew would warm normal folks to stay their distance, lol

Rick

Peg, it was a little chilly during the eve’s!  During the day, it would have been great without the wind chill.  Someone pointed out a little Jeep riding around the desert with a couple of your friends.  I couldn’t get close enough to call them over to follow us.  Of course our Motley Crew would warm normal folks to stay their distance, lol

Rick

Kiwijw,

Brats, is short for Bratwurst!  We had kids there with us.  One 8 year old was messing around with his Dad’s Monster 1000 next to the trucks and digs up a 1/2 Gram nugget!  We had a good laugh at our sore feet and parking on top of the Patch, lol.

Rick