Equinox - "the Parking Lot" - Questions That Cannot Be Answered Just Yet

You got it.  I didn't want Steve having to answer the parking lot questions (especially the dreaded why questions) which were envisioned to be more thought exercises than actual questions or uncertainties to be verified once the detector was in your hands.  I wanted them to be reminders for us to use as a framework to go out and use the Equinox in an attempt to answer those questions ourselves so we could better understand what makes the Equinox tick, especially with the more obscure or unfamiliar settings and any instruction manual ambiguities.  But unfortunately it unintentionally came across as criticism, trivial, or annoying. 

As I think Steve may have said, Minelab may not even know how good they actually made the Equinox and I plan on testing it to the limit with some hot soil and nasty CW ration can infested trash fields that I know are just hiding some dandy brass military buttons and perhaps more!  Problem was, some of the questions could be answered, and it would soon become a cross-posting drudgery for Steve.  I'll just keep the parking lot private and strike out on my own with the Equinox and post findings unless someone else has any bright ideas on how to better accomplish the above.  Thanks.

Iron bias and recovery speed with adjustable items -DIFFERENT  PROGRAM SETTINGS  IN THE MANUALS , each with their case according to the situation .,and  ground...-no problem...:smile:

On 9 February 2018 at 2:09 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

My preference is for discrete threads dedicated to specific questions, so they can be found and referenced in the future. The presumption is that these questions can’t be answered yet which is not true, so why lump it all up into one thread?

I think everyone has Equinox fever and need some meds to get the brain back on track ???

• Haha 1

Chase i see it like this . Minelab just doesn't seem to interact too much with their customers and unfortunately people like Steve who is closer to them than all of us and we crave some info so he is our only contact with it all and who is nice enough to try to answer our ??   Here is an example of our sons business . He did some excellent you tube videos of how a product he buys and how to use it properly .The results were unbelievable but true . There were so many questions the company employed a full time person to answer them all . Business is screaming ahead for him.