Video To Get Rid Of Bottle Caps Equinox

7 minutes ago, strick said:

I have no problem with bottle caps at the beach either...anyone who complains about digging bottle caps in the sand is a......well I wont go there :smile:....but the parks in my neck of the woods are littered with zillions of them. People will take out the bottle but push the cap in the grass...in some places the detector nulls quiet for many yards before it recovers...and they dont get washed away like at the ocean...they just keep degrading until getting closer and closer to a low tone. 

I see that the nox goes very deep at the beach and I was wanting to try and do a comparison to the TDI pro...if it can even come close to the TDI then it's a no brainer 

strick 

The guy who i met today wasnt too happy with his new TDI SL---- but neither he nor I knew how to set it--- we just set it like it says on the back... The EKE was way deeper....like double.... but dont pay any attention to my tests there... neither one of us know what we were doing out there with these detectors...

• Like 2

Thanks Paul! I hear the TDI SL is weaker then the TDI pro. I have the Pro and it has proven itself to me on the beach. It's Deep. Bottle caps galore with that sucker...I can hunt wide open with my CTX then go back over it with the TDI pro and there are targets everywhere.....Run it with ground balance off for depth. Detector comparisons on youtube hunt with this machine from time to time.  If the Equinox can offer some disc and be even remotely close with depth (Im dreaming here) then...

strick 

I can tell you the Equinox won't even come close to either the TDI SL or the TDI Pro (GB off) because I have them all and compared them a few days ago. I can get a good solid signal from a nickel at 14 inches on the Pro, 12 inches on the SL and only 8 inches with the Equinox. My beach is highly mineralized though. A clean Florida beach might be different. The Equinox chirps on the 10 inch but I doubt I would stop to investigate.

I'm surprised you have trouble with bottle caps with the tdi's. The signal from bottle caps always sounds kind of washed out to me, unlike a nickel or gold ring where the signal is more solid. I dig very few bottlecaps with my tdi's. Fish hooks amd wire are what kill me.

Maybe I didnt write  my story today very well.... I dont have an SL-------- a guy i met today had one and he (and I ) had never used one---

He was having trouble with everything until i turned his threshold down,,,then he was hitting stuff OK--

Bottlecaps are a bane to the Equinox and that was what i was referencing... I think we are getting closer to editing them out on the ground now, but I have to do some more swinging before I am convinced I am not losing stuff--- I actually am used to digging junk as a gold detectorist, so the bottle caps werent that big of a deal.... but it would be nice if we can eliminate them completely [without messing something else up at the same time.... ]

I did the best when i  got out of the box and turned it on and hit the beach, now i am getting too wise and am starting to lose stuff....

Sorry I probably missed the part about it not being yours.

But yea bottle caps are something that we'll have to deal with. I found an IBC bottle cap that read 26 yesterday, dime numbers. I thought great, caps hitting everywhere from 12 to 26.

So I got a dime out and started comparing signals and adjusting settings. I found out a few things. As I moved the coil farther from the cap the lower the TID got on the cap. Not so with the dime. Also when I reduced the recovery speed down to 1, the cap signal got very long, the dime signal was much shorter. I'll have to do some more research.

The all metal mode worked as well.