Equinox Can Find Some Small Saltwater Gold

cdv

Yes .... if those conditions exsist, but oddly with that moisture chatty effect the machine will still read default 0 GB in auto or somewhere near 14.... its not EMI you can hold the coil up and hear nothing but a nice steady threshold.   Tracking works ...... but you really loose depth.   Better off to leave it ... or auto GB.   Heck im debating if i even need to GB..... ive not found a lot of difference ..... except tracking isnt as deep i did test that..... here anyway.   This will really very i believe depending on location.  

I have not noticed any depth impact with tracking...but only used it under very mineralized conditions which enable it to periodically and reliably grab a ground reading and also because the ground balance point changes significantly over short distances.  Leaving tracking off under these conditions could definitely affect depth if I was not frequently auto or manually rebalancing.  If tracking is giving you the right GB number, I do not understand how it can impact depth.  Under very mild conditions such as in sugar sand, then the tracking algorithm may not work reliably at all and I can see that you would not want to run it for fear of getting an off-the-wall GB point.  But in that case, Auto GB pumping would also likely be as unreliable, so it would probably be best to leave GB at 0 under those circumstances.